Sign in to follow this  
MidnightGlassworks

Graphtec FC8000-60 Display Screen Blank

While starting to cut a job, my plotter began to get jammed (it may have gone off line and caught on the beginning of the vinyl). Before it stopped itself, I stopped the plotter, put the lever down to lift the rollers and adjusted the vinyl. When I put the plotter back online by putting the rollers back down, the plotter began to beep constantly and it gave me an error message. I didnt take notice what the error was because it would happen every so often with an older plotter i had.

I turned the plotter off, waited a bit, and turned it back on. Now the screen is blank and where the red light net to "user 1" usually lights up, no longer does. I tried pushing the buttons to get it online to see if the plotter still works without the screen, but it doesnt. 

When i looked a little closer, i see a light greyish block blinking, maybe every 2 seconds, the size of the entire screen. if youre not paying attention to it, the screen just looks blank, until you look closer.

Ive called and left a message for tech suport to call me back, but nothing yet. Im in Hawaii, so I figure i may have missed the business hours.

Just checking to see if anyone has encountered this problem before and may know the diagnosis.

Try a factory reset. If I recall, hold the up arrow down and then turn the cutter on while still holding it down.

When you get it back going, make sure you have enough vinyl advanced forward over the cutting strip, so that you don't have jams like this..  Make sure your pinch rollers are over the grit rollers below,  Stand right in front of your cutter so you can see that.  Make sure your vinyl is flat before you cut. If it is curving up.  Roll  the vinyl in opposite direction and hold it for a bit. It will flatten out.  Until you know your cutter good.  cut slower.  I never run my cutter fast.

• Like 1