rudedog

Blade holders from ebay(china)

Has anyone tried these vs the UScutter blade holders for our Copam's?

I just ordered one for $9 (worth taking a chance I guess) to see how they fair against the factory one. 

Looking to pickup one as a 60 vs 45 so I don't have to change what works with one blade type.

I use the genereics in the graphtec and roland and they work great the copam should be no different as long as it is made for the copam.  copam has their own style of holder

You should fare OK with the knock-off version.

And, I routinely use China blades, they are fine.

When I was fixing a graphtec that I got for a great deal on craigslist.... I needed one but didn't want to spend a bunch of money in case the machine wasn't going to work.  I got one of those china ones cheap so I could test it out.... works like a champ.  I see no need to upgrade it. 

Why did you throw away your blade, cant they be resharpened? By the way how much are new blades?

precision ground to a specific angle and almost no one would have the equipment to do that to those tight tolerances - and as you grind it the offset point would change - cheap blades are a couple dollars and the best in only about 16 (that last most of a year) so really not worth it

I use the cheap China blade holders in my Graphtec and they work great.