monn

Using PCUT cutter CT630 for car vinyl

Im having a problem with my cutter.

It's ripping and messing up the car vinyl when it's cutting.

What should I do to make a perfect cut to a car vinyl.

Do I need to change speed, press, or anything?

can you guys help me out please? ;)

Can you post a pic of your blade holder showing how much of the blade is sticking out?

First you need to check your blade depth - Your blade should only be sticking out of the blade holder about the thickness of a credit card. Set your pressure to about 90 to start and if you are cutting small intricute stuff you need to slow the speed down to 30 or so - if it's not small stuff you speed can be higher.

Do a small test cut and make sure the blade isn't cutting into the backing paper, it should just be barely touching the backing paper when it cuts - if it is still cutting too deep, back off your pressure.

I went through this about two weeks ago.

Hope this helps  ;)

When you say "car vinyl" what brand do you mean?  I do not believe there is a specific vinyl designed for cars... Correct me if I'm wrong.  I use Oracal 651 windows and decals and 751 for prolonged outdoor sign usage.  If you vinyl is the cheap Flebay brand then it doesn't matter if you have your blade and holder adjusted right it will tear due to the cheap adhesive used in those brands.  Use a good quality brand vinyl and 90% of your tearing problems will or should go away.

Chris