Dgaree

How to layer text over a graphic and the text be outlined?

Hi! I would like to layer text over a basketball. How do I get the space/gap between the text and the graphic so it can be cut and the letters are more easily read?

JAY,,, COULD YOU EXPLAIN BRIEFLY HOW TO DO THE OUTLINE OF THE LETTERS PLEASE.... IS THERE A CERTAIN FONTS THAT DOES THIS ALSO...:huh:  THANKS SO MUCH AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY....  JUDY

I forget exactly where it is but there is a menu option for inset/outset. Select your font and do an outset on it to get the outline you want.

JJennings,to outline you use the expand button. Or it us the expand feature is under the manipulate tab. highlight the text, click expande,   click the outline circle, keep original and adjust the thickness you want. You can play around with that.

Thanks Jay. Can you explain in a little more detail please :-) . I have typed the font I want, "GREEN", made an outline, an overlayed it over the basketball. Then what? When I punch it, I lose the G and the N that hang over the edges.

Thanks for your help! I know I am so close and am just missing an easy step!

Dawn

Dgaree Jay has posted multiple videos of signblazer. you will have to look in this section and you find alot of them... He is very good with signblazer