Dakotagrafx

Seriously, I used to like this

Meanwhile 35 miles away in Berrien County this morning..... just saying it could be worse.

post-612-0-97394200-1384290723_thumb.jpg

I am from WI originally, I never liked it. So I don't put up with it any more. You are welcome to move down here Dakota, we only get a little dusting once every 4 or 5 years. Just make sure you move to North South Carolina and not southern South Carolina and take over my fledgling business!

ok wait, just saw that most of SC will be below freezing tonight (not me, I am below that line) but I better quit smack talking you or I will be frozen in a day or two. Stay warm Jay! You are in the freeze zone!

Callin for 22 at night. That is waaaaay too cold for me. Got to find my winter coat and quick.

The wind is blowing like mad right now. Sounds like a train outside

I loved that story you posted Scott, and I could relate to it having grown up in upstate NY - on the edge of the snow belt no less, with lake effect snow.

I much prefer it in middle Georgia.  We might see a dusting every couple of years.  All they have to do is mention there is the possibility of snow here and businesses start shutting down and the food stores get stripped to bare shelves!

Cal

• Like 2

26' this morning when I left. Too damn cold and I can't find my winter coat. WINTER SUCKS and it's not even here yet.

Looks to be a heat wave Sat and Sun here, mid 50's

We are going to be in the low 60s sat. Mid 60s on sun. Then back to the 30s by next week.

That's why I like living in Western Washington.  It doesn't snow much, doesn't get very cold, no hurricanes, no tornadoes, no poisonous snakes, no alligators, crocodiles, boa constrictors, etc.  Yeah, it rains a bit, but I seem to be able to deal with that, at least most of the time.  All in all, this is a pretty benign corner of the country, weather wise.  Folks are nice, too.

JT

• Like 1

You can have the snow! I'll keep the summer humisity, gnats, ect.

Dan you are sounding like someone from our upper peninsula -  they think shorts are appropriate until at least the teens - warped group and have loved every one I have ever met.

To all you guys in the minnesota, michigan, virginia or wherever areas, how much snow do you usually get? what kind of temps do you usually get during the winter?

We get fair amounts of snow but its the really nice light powdery stuff! Great for snowboarding!

We get pretty cold as low as -25 but there's not much wind and very little humidity. I'm just curious.

Our area sounds like Colorado. We average 48" of snow a year but most of the winter is cold and blue skies. 9 and sunny this morning heading for a high of 34 today. Put vinyl on a sign yesterday in the parking lot of an auto dealership. It was sunny and about 32 but didn't feel cold because there's very low humidity.

Our area sounds like Colorado. We average 48" of snow a year but most of the winter is cold and blue skies. 9 and sunny this morning heading for a high of 34 today. Put vinyl on a sign yesterday in the parking lot of an auto dealership. It was sunny and about 32 but didn't feel cold because there's very low humidity.

There is someone that gets it - low humidity snow is much much better than the wet cold stuff.  Last several years more of ours is the wet humid cut thru you cold snow.