Dakotagrafx

Seriously, I used to like this

another off topic subject - last weeks morel mushroom risotto . . . .not as good as staceys but it was a good effort.  This is much happier than the dang white stuff out there now in the yard

post-2742-0-73558500-1384229696_thumb.jp

yeh carolyn - I did figure out thought that a lot of the time you can let it melt and don't have to shovel it all the time - just enough to get the mailperson to the house . . . . 

I still love this story:

December 8: 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the
wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge
soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So
romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9: We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering
every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely
place in the whole World? Moving here was the best idea I’ve ever had.
Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our
driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and
covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again.
What a perfect life.

December 12: The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment.
My neighbor tells me not to worry, we’ll definitely have a white Christmas. No
snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we’ll have so much snow by the
end of winter, that I’ll never want to see snow again. l don’t think that’s possible.
Bob is such a nice man I’m glad he’s our neighbor.

December 14: Snow lovely snow! 8″ last night. The temperature dropped to -20.
The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I
warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The
snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. l didn’t realize
I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I’ll certainly get back in shape
this way. I wish l wouldn’t huff and puff so.

December 15: 20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4×4 Blazer. Bought
snow tires for the wife’s car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife
wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that’s silly. We aren’t
in Alaska, after all.

December 16: Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in the driveway
putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, Which I think
was very cruel.

December 17: Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere.
Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm.
Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should’ve
bought a wood stove, but won’t admit it to her. God I hate it when she’s right. I
can’t believe I’m freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20: Electricity’s back on, but had another 14″ of the damn stuff last
night. More shoveling. Took all day. Goddamn snowplow came by twice. Tried
to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they’re too busy playing hockey. I
think they’re lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a
snow blower and they’re out. Might have another shipment in March. I think
they’re lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me.
I think he’s lying.

December 22: Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of
the white shit fell today, and it’s so cold it probably won’t melt till August. Took
me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to piss. By
the time I got undressed, pissed and dressed again. I was too tired to shovel.
Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter; but he
says he’s too busy. I think the asshole is lying.

December 23: Only 2″ of snow today. And it warmed up to 0o. The wife wanted
me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she nuts!!! Why
didn’t she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she’s
lying.

December 24: 6″. Snow packed so hard by snowplow, l broke the shovel.
Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the son of a bitch who drives
that snowplow, I’ll drag him through the snow by his balls. I know he hides
around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down
the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I’ve just been!
Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our
presents, but I was busy watching for the goddamn snowplow.

December 25: Merry Christmas. 20 more inches of the !=3D@x@!x!x1slop
tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God I hate the
snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him
over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she’s
an idiot. If I have to watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” one more time, I’m going to
kill her.

December 26: Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It was all
HER idea. She’s really getting on my nerves.

December 27: Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze.

December 28: Warmed up to above -50. Still snowed in. THE BITCH is driving
me crazy!!!!!

December 29: 10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could
cave in. That’s the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30: Roof caved in. The snow plow driver is suing me for a million
dollars. The wife went home to her mother. 9″ predicted.

December 31: Set fire to what’s left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8: I feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me.
Why am I tied to the bed?

- See more at: http://chainletters.net/chainletters/snow-diary/#sthash.rxjLChIE.dpuf

• Like 1

I bought a 2 stage  Sears snow blower a couple years ago.  I park along the street, the plows bury my truck.. plus I live on a large corner lot.  What used to take me hours and hours only take 20 minutes now.  I love that thing.  It's right up there, with best inventions,    Milwaukee Sawzall and Senco framing air nailer, in my book  LOL.  All handy tools to have.      

• Like 1

I bought a 2 stage  Sears snow blower a couple years ago.  I park along the street, the plows bury my truck.. plus I live on a large corner lot.  What used to take me hours and hours only take 20 minutes now.  I love that thing.  It's right up there, with best inventions,    Milwaukee Sawzall and Senco framing air nailer, in my book  LOL.  All handy tools to have.      

I agree with all but in a few years the snow will stick more to that dang blower shoot - or will be too dang wet to throw . . . .I like the idea of running off to a warmer climate.   

• Like 1

same as mine except mine is green - seems as they age the snow sticks worse - think I am going to try some paint like you use in  a gravity wagon on the shoot to make it slicker

Yes that is what it says,,   Sounds promising.. 

CLEAN DECK - Can also be used on your Snow Blower Outlet Chutes, Deflectors, Scraper Bars, Shave Plates, Augers, Snow Plow Blades and Snow Shovels to prevent build-up of wet snow and rust.

http://cleandeck.net/

thanks. 

What's the white stuff on the ground.  hehe

I was actually in Chicago airport heading back to FL when it started snowing.  

I got back to Orlando and stripped down to shorts and a t-shirt. I'll be sporting flip-flops tomorrow.  Man I love Florida.  

• Like 1

That is why i moved to florida. I lived in Oklahoma for 8 years and seen enought of that white stuff.. You people up north can have all that you want....lol

Left NY to get away from it. Surprised any still lives up north in the winter. Suckers.

Skeeter your my type of woman truck, snow blower and power tools too lol.

• Like 2

Skeeter your my type of woman truck, snow blower and power tools too lol.

LOL      Oh, I own a lot more tools than that.   I have been remodeling a 10 room house for the last several years.    I used to own rental properties.   You learn to do your own work.. 

Thanks. 

we had a slight skiff this morning .....no biggie yet  but I will most likely be like the guy in the story you shared by spring. The good thing about a small town the snow scrapper used to fill my driveway back up till i called the mayor and raised hell he sent guys to clean my driveway. noww they are careful about it.

LOL  my favorite question to a guy is.......Would you date a woman who owns her own dry wall lift?       Oh, I own a lot more tools than that.   I have been remodeling a 10 room house for the last several years.  

Thanks. 

Hell yes I would.... I have been remodeling mine for years it is over a hundred years old and plenty of problems.  after doing it every day as for a living it gets tiring doing it in my spare time. i am the typical tool man if i see it i have to own it lol ...some i have had as long as 40 years

• Like 1

To all you guys in the minnesota, michigan, virginia or wherever areas, how much snow do you usually get? what kind of temps do you usually get during the winter?

We get fair amounts of snow but its the really nice light powdery stuff! Great for snowboarding!

We get pretty cold as low as -25 but there's not much wind and very little humidity. I'm just curious.

I think Ill stay in Florida for awhile. (until my tour is up at least) 

only language that is not allowed on the forum came to mind . . . .

• Like 1

To all you guys in the minnesota, michigan, virginia or wherever areas, how much snow do you usually get? what kind of temps do you usually get during the winter?

We get fair amounts of snow but its the really nice light powdery stuff! Great for snowboarding!

We get pretty cold as low as -25 but there's not much wind and very little humidity. I'm just curious.

Our average is 60 inches but our average winter temp is in the low 30s but we have our extremes both ways during the winter yesterday was in the mid 60s today 31

ours was better when I was younger - (cause it didn't bother me as much) as it used to stay colder so it was frozen all the time - now it seams we hit warmer temps too much making it a wet snow - way for miserable than the nice frozen stuff.  working in the yard at the prison it is miserable to walk in the wetter stuff and it just cuts thru you more - it is actually better colder

Scott I don't like either extreme anymore . I am inside plumbing today it has fallen into the 20s from that arctic front coming through and a wind chill probably in the teens. I pick my work now according to the weather. Even in my late 50s I did not pay much attention to the weather now it kicks my back side.

• Like 1