smendlik

Etsy/Ebay/PayPal Shipping Label Printer

From the post office website,  and I was told by my post office that 6x 9 is still considered letter size , so this applies.   So my label with the address written on it, is parallel to the longest side.  The address it's self has to be parallel to the longest side.

… in the right place…
Print the delivery and return addresses on the same side of your envelope or card, parallel to the longest edge.

envlp_retrnaddress.gifReturn Address
Print or type your address in the upper-left corner on the front of the envelope.

envlp_dlvraddress.gifDelivery Address

Print or type clearly the delivery address parallel to the longest side of the envelope

the poster FUZ above,  said it costs more on 6 x 9, if you write it vertically,    That is what I did, the first time, when I had to pay extra, by putting it long ways on the envelope.  

All this talk makes me glad I don't ship much. Makes my head hurt thinking about it.

All this talk makes me glad I don't ship much. Makes my head hurt thinking about it.

It is ez now.  piece of cake.  That was my first outing,  I print out of Paypal,  pretty ez.   I only made that mistake 1 time. 

• Like 2

The tracking for first class packages suck.

I ve mailed 3 of them and they show no info until they get delivered. If they get lost ill have no way to prove they went out.

I ve mailed 3 of them and they show no info until they get delivered. If they get lost ill have no way to prove they went out.

I don't know why yours wouldn't show, the tracking,  all of mine do.  for First Class that I print thru Paypal. Evey step of the way.   Just like Priority shows.   This is a First Class 2 oz item  here below,  Still in route to buyer.   Have you tried put the tracking # in the USPS.com tracking feature?   I also have a First Class package coming my way, and it shows all the stops between here and Las Vegas.   Are they not scanning yours at your post office?  Maybe ask..

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package Service
Features:
  • USPS Tracking
Date & Time
Status of Item
December 12, 2013 , 8:13 pm

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

WARRENDALE, PA 15095 

December 12, 2013

Depart USPS Sort Facility

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241 

December 12, 2013 , 3:40 am

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241 

December 11, 2013 , 3:26 pm

Acceptance

MY CITY,  I REMOVED my city name. 

December 11, 2013

Electronic Shipping Info Received

Yep ive looked it up on usps.

The first one had no info until delivery then it just said delivered . It was 2 ounces using ebays first class package. Second has been mailed almost 5 days with no info.

Here is one I shipped yesterday.    I don't know where you live,  maybe ask your Post Office about it. 

Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package Service
Features:
  • USPS Tracking
Date & Time
Status of Item
December 12, 2013

Depart USPS Sort Facility

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241 

December 12, 2013 , 11:21 pm

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241 

December 12, 2013 , 5:08 pm

Dispatched to Sort Facility

MY TOWN  REMOVED

December 12, 2013 , 4:25 pm

Acceptance

MY TOWN  REMOVED

December 12, 2013

Electronic Shipping Info Received

I put a packing peanut in mine.  So a nice hump in it.  more than 3/4"  Try it with a thicker envelope, packing peanut. little chunk of styrofoam.  etc. 

I just put the decal in a manila folder and stick that in a 13x9 tyvek envelope. Very thin.

Ill try another way. I put the lables longways with the packages. Is that wrong?

I put my decals between  thin but strong cardboard when I ship.  Then I add a packing peanut.  On larger envelopes than 6x9, you can put label  any way.   Even larger manilla envelopes I put a packing peanut in the envelope.  Just because I'm used to doing it,  and I have a zillion packing peanuts. 

So what if it moves...  it is still over 3/4" somewhere in the package....and my peanuts are about 1 3/4" -2" long..    That is all you need.

I do it more for the 6 x 9, than the others. 

Ill try that.

And one more thing. Can you put first class packages in your mailbox and lift the flag? They took it once but not sure if they would do it every time.

Ill try that.

And one more thing. Can you put first class packages in your mailbox and lift the flag? They took it once but not sure if they would do it every time.

Ask your post office.  I don't do that, 'cause I am already going to the post office everyday...to take packages.    You can drop them in a postal box, if big enough..  or even at night in the Post Office drop off.  Most Post office buildings are open 24 hours.   I live in a very small town, and mine is.open.  My post office is old, and has a large opening to drop inside.   I do that some times, if I know I don't have a Priority box going...I take it at night..

Ill try that.

yes anything that fits in your mailbox with the flag lifted will go - even jammed in LOL.  If I have a lot of packages and one is priority I do a pick up in the garage for no charge - if it is a lot of packages and they are all first class, someone gets a free upgrade to priority so I can get a pick up in the garage.  99.9 percent of the time I do this it works great - last one the guy bought the cheapest set of a decal on ebay available from me - got free upgrade to priority and left feedback it was overpriced   :blink: 

free pick up with priority - not free priority

on them I pay the difference on the biggest package - if I have a lot of packages it is worth a dollar or so to get the pick up in the garage

I have a similar issue. At my small PO if I just drop package off or put it in drop box I have this issue because my small PO does not scan the package. It is sent to a large distribution center then gets scanned. So, I have to wait in line and have them scan package and give me a receipt, then all the tracking data shows. Otherwise if it gets lost between here and there no proof it was sent. I hate shipping/mailing items but its a must. I do as dakota, if I have multiple packages I have one priority and schedule pickup.

• Like 2

Ive actually used 3 different locations in different zip codes . None of them are tracking.  The last package was dropped off in a blue drop box. It's been 5 days since I mailed it and I have no idea if my customer got it or not.  I'm hoping they got it or will get it on Saturday.

I've got a toner coming from ebay and if I copy the # into usps it says invalid but when I click it through ebay it gives all the info. I noticed that the packages they partner with fedex or ups on seem to do that a lot.

I just read the post office doesnt not have to proviide tracking on first class mail. All you pay for is DC and thats all they have to do. Its up to the mailman if they want to scan or not. Also my package finally updated to Out For Delivery.

Im just gonna stop stressing about these packages they seem to be getting there one way or another.

• Like 1

Here is mine going out today ($1.69). I usually don't put anything but the decal, cardboard and business card/thank you.

Depending on where I drop them off will determine if I put a packing peanut or crumbled piece of paper. I have never had an envelope NOT reach a customer because it was too thin. I keep the label big to use less tape even though these have the sticky flaps. 

post-28043-0-30817400-1387473156_thumb.j