karkess

Vinyl printers

I was wondering how many people have these beasts and are they worth the crazy prices? How long did it take to show a profit from these?

There are lots on here with printers . The profits have dropped considerably over the past year and a half due to so many used ones out there as the bigger players upgrade tot the latest. If you can swing the price and clear about 1k a month for 4 years you should be ok. You have to take into consideration the cost of the cost of the printer and the supplies needed to make that much back. Talk to someone in your are that has one to learn about them. I drove five hrs one way to talk to someone before I bought my first one to see what was involved.

Buy a good used one and cut that time in half . . .just make sure it is 100percent when you do

For most of us it is more cost effective to sub out to somebody who has already spent that chunk of change.

I've been trying to get somebody to buy 1 for months now just to see if they are any good. I'm too poor (cheap) to throw down the money on an untested product. Somebody needs to man up and buy one so the rest of us know if it's worth the effort.

from what I read the chinese printers feed and support system are based on the old encad type printers and thin rails - where do you get support for those?

from what I read the chinese printers feed and support system are based on the old encad type printers and thin rails - where do you get support for those?

From what I read here you already know more about them than the seller. You'll be our go to tech guy.

Now you know if's 1/4 the price of a known name brand AND coming from China it's got to be good. These may be awesome but we are too scared to risk $6k-$7k on them to find out. And it will be at least that much with the shipping, duties and misc. other expenses.

The other huge issue with Chinese made stuff is where do you get parts and supplies?  I've bought a few cheap Chinese electronic gadgets off of ebay and almost everyone has failed due to cheap, non-replaceable, rechargable batteries and they all want to use non-standard cables, so when the flimsy things fall apart you're SOL.

This isn't a knock against all things Chinese made, I've got some stuff that has held up well, but they weren't cheap, like the stuff that fell apart...

I know now that if I see "cheap" and "Chinese made " together, then I can assume "broken" and "un-usable" will follow soon thereafter...

• Like 1

But this may be the exception. Besides $5K really isn't cheap to us poor folks so if you think about it next time you're ordering from China how bought giving 1 of these a try and posting a review for the rest of us poor schmucks.

I think if they were any good at all we would have someone already owning one and reporting how great they are - kind of like all the auctions won on ebay with buy it now for $2500 on used Roland printers but you must contact them first by email or phone . .  . . never heard from the ones that did that either.

I just upgraded my latex to the new l260, my old l25500 is still working and needs a good once over and it's golden.

You can't beat it for low maintenance and high flexibility. We've done over $300,000 worth of business on it and its served us well which is why we got another one. We originally bought it new for $18,500 just asking $3500 for it.