Sign in to follow this  
karkess

Revolving credit for supplies

I know USCutter offers credit for large purchases, but it would be great if we had access to a line of credit under $500 for purchasing supplies.  Understanding that there are customers in all stages of their business.  My local guys want years in business and other stipulations that a new start up just doesn't have.

Fellers, grimco and most others don't care how long you've been in business as long as you have your paperwork in order and they all accept cash. Most businesses don't like to extend credit especially in this trade because of how many go belly up in short order and wouldn't pay that bill. My local once told me the reason they were still in business is because they don't extend credit, that is what banks are for. I tend to agree with them on that point.

• Like 1

I am not interested in my prices for supplies being raised because various numbnuts out there fail to pay their bills.

In other words, it would not be great for USCUTTER to extend credit.

There's a standard motto for how USCUTTER operates:  "In God We Trust ---- All Others Pay Cash"

il_170x135.479566891_m8fh.jpg

• Like 2

I am not interested in my prices for supplies being raised because various numbnuts out there fail to pay their bills.

In other words, it would not be great for USCUTTER to extend credit.

There's a standard motto for how USCUTTER operates:  "In God We Trust ---- All Others Pay Cash"

il_170x135.479566891_m8fh.jpg

It's not often we agree but this time I agree 110%. If I can;t afford it I don't buy it, simple. And it keeps me from doing stupid things on a whim.

• Like 3

I like that I can pay and get my stock and only use cash..

I hate having a monthly bill .. and I love not having a over head right now either!

Waiting on that right place to come alone so I can get a retail place!! :)

it just isn't worth it to them on small things like that - the risk is much more than when they have done all the background checks for the large purchases - 

do you offer credit to all your customers?

Wouldn't a dedicated credit card do the same for you?

Cal

Even PayPal  has a credit card,  as well as BILL ME LATER,  6 months to pay off, interest free.  And UScutter accepts Paypal.

• Like 2

I've found I am my own best credit grantor. Over the years I saved money in various banks, CD's, investments, etc... When I need liquid cash I loan my company the money. I started with just a $500.00 dollar account and slowly let it build. If I don't have enough to pay myself back then how can I expect someone else to foot my bills?? It works and if you do it through collateralized loans then you also build a credit rating.