Sign in to follow this  
karkess

shipping snafu

So I ordered a roll of vinyl on Wednesday. Two days goes by and never get a shipping email. So I call this morning to inquire. I'm told "its on it's way to me." Thinking it'll be here today and the shipping e-mail was never sent. Now I get the email and it's just now being shipped. Is it just me but shoudn't they eat the cost and overnight it to me? Now I have to wait till Monday or Tuesday for something I needed today.

Do you know how much it costs to overnight a roll? I do  :( and if I were them I'd offer to refund you first. I had a 15x5 yd. roll of siser overnighted a couple months ago and it was just south of $100 shipping.

• Like 2

It'll be Tuesday before it will be here, should have been here last Friday.  I understand the cost of shipping, but I'm the one who had to explain to the customer that I wouldn't have the job done because my supplier messed up.  I know I should find a local guy for stuff like this, but being a brand new business with no credit and not having a lot of funds to play with, I can only afford to buy things once.  Someday that'll change...Hopefully.

Local suppliers in my experience all offer pay as you go service. This next part comes from personal experience and lessons learned the hard way so I hope you don't take it badly but when you take a job with that close of a deadline there is always an inherent risk. Say it shipped on time and one of the fedex trucks broke down and delayed the order by a day what then. This is an imperfect world and it seems whenever we think nothing can go wrong, it does. Uscutter, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't have guaranteed on time shipping so as much as they made a mistake I don't see how you can ask them to lose money because you didn't allow enough time for unforseeable events.