SurberSigns

My vinyl keeps jamming!

have a 28 inch MH series cutter and when the vinyl is loaded and i hit cut, it starts to squeeze the vinyl and cause it to wrinkle and the machine just vibrates and stops in place.

WHY does it wrinkle like this? I thought it would be the pressure of the clamps but i have them all almost all the way loose.

Any suggestions?

several things come to mind - the pressure rollers need pressure to make the grit rollers pull the vinyl,  how mush blade do you have exposed?,  are the pressure rollers both over the grit rollers and not in between or too far to the side,  are you pre feeding so the cutter doesn't have to pull off of the roll?    

from your description I am willing to bet the pressure rollers are now too loose, too much blade causing too much drag

make sure both grit rollers are turning and the set screws haven't worked their way out so only 1 is turning

the pressure rollers are now tight. the vinyl is tight and not loose. the blade is barely even exposed but yet it is STILL wrinkling.

This is so frustrating and a WASTE of material!!!

Something to try.  move the 3rd pinch roller to the far left, out of the way.  move the middle pinch roller to the left.  What happens then with 2 pinch rollers?

I run a larger machine than you do, and I only use 2 pinch rollers fine.

That sure looks like the center pinch roller is over the dead area between the grit rollers - it is holding the vinyl still in the middle because there is no grit roller below it to move the vinyl

That sure looks like the center pinch roller is over the dead area between the grit rollers - it is holding the vinyl still in the middle because there is no grit roller below it to move the vinyl

That was why I wanted him to move it.  :rolleyes:

LOL that's why I suggested it in post 2. Proving again that great minds think alike

LOL that's why I suggested it in post 2

Yes, He needs to take the vinyl out,  and make sure each pinch roller is directly over the grit roller.  Or it will definitely act like that.

• Like 1

I think these guys are right and your pinch rollers aren't set over the grit areas on the drive shaft. I assume they did this too, I know I did. Didn't click for some reason that there are only certain places that those pinch rollers can be set. Once you figure it out it all makes perfect sense. 

If you look directly above the center roller there is a white bracket or upside down "u" mark... you cannot have the center roller under any portion of it...

Note, look from the front of the machibe to see this. messaged you on Facebook.

A habit that I have is after getting the vinyl in place and the pinch rollers locked down is to run the vinyl through and back for a length that I am likely to be cutting.  I do this when setting the origin point and it has saved me a couple of times when I didn't have the pinch rollers placed correctly.  I know, newbie mistakes, but it didn't ruin any vinyl...

Cal

ahhhh i believe it was because of the MIDDLE pinch roller. i had it right in the middle by that upside down U marker.

-______- thank you everybody for the help. i now feel like an idiot.

We all feel that way sometimes. For me all I have to do is look in the mirror to confirm that thought.

no need to feel like an idiot - even old timers have brain farts now and then . . . this was a easy mistake to make as it would be logical to put the third roller in the middle on most items

or was it the turd roller like the turdy point buck