Pcrat

Ebay shut me down indefinitely yep im about done with em.

Ok ,,I found a receipt dated 8/8/2012,  2 pounds to Tacoma Washington, same box  ZIP  98445    Actual shipping was $8.57  Priority and to compare to the other package  Add $2.45 for $100 insurance  $2.20  Signature confirmation.  That totals  $13.22

2/8/2013    same package 2 pounds to Los Angeles, CA  zip 90018    Shipping $8.27.  ADD  $2.45 $100  insurance   $2.20 Signature  Totals $12.92.

cool - I thought it was just a way to conceal another price increase in January as I hadn't notice it on small packages

I've sold thousands of items on ebay in the past.  At one time my monthly fees were over $1000 was racking it in, then they went and changed things around and my sales dropped,  had an account with them since they started, actually since before they changed there name to ebay.   I used to sell computer parts in the beginning then games, then decals and banners.  3 mths ago my account was suspended because my seller rating was not up to par even though i had not sold a single item in 2 or 3 mths.  After being with them since the beginning of ebay, they finally pushed me away.  Now i only sell on amazon and Etsy and i do very well on both.  I will never go back to ebay, not like i could anyways :).  I'm glad to see that there are still a few folks that make a living off ebay.  

cool - I thought it was just a way to conceal another price increase in January as I hadn't notice it on small packages

They raise prices, 'cause the post office does.....   But even the post office   USPS.com  does not offer First Class printing of labels online.     but it is very nice that Paypal does.

Ive never had much luck selling on there. I can post the same exact thing someone else does (hypothetical) as an auction, mine will go for $20 with free shipping, theirs will go for $50 +$10 shipping. Ive never understood it lol. What really gets my goat is when I see something not even as nice as what Im selling but same "category of item" and go for more. Not just referring to vinyl related items. Just the other week I auctioned of about $200 worth of RC fluids, most brand new never opened....went for $3 plus actual shipping after a 7 day auction.

Ive never had much luck selling on there. I can post the same exact thing someone else does (hypothetical) as an auction, mine will go for $20 with free shipping, theirs will go for $50 +$10 shipping. Ive never understood it lol. What really gets my goat is when I see something not even as nice as what Im selling but same "category of item" and go for more. Not just referring to vinyl related items. Just the other week I auctioned of about $200 worth of RC fluids, most brand new never opened....went for $3 plus actual shipping after a 7 day auction.

it helps a lot when you go over 1000 feedbacks 

Ebay wants you to offer free shipping because the final value fee is higher on the total.....final value fee is 'supposed' to be lower on the shipping part if you charge for shipping.....or so they say.

It's a two-edged sword. Like Ms Skeeter I have made my living on ebay for years..either through direct sales or from getting repeat customers who don't go through ebay after the first time. I just figure in the ebay fees when I price something. I consider it a cost of doing business. As much as I pay, it is still lower than I would have to pay if I sold locally,for advertising...yellow page listing,etc.

A decent size newspaper ad cost as much as $250.00 a day telephone book is expensive actually radio ads are cheaper then newspaper from what sketter and banner john posted ebay sounds like a good deal. The only thing i have ever done is buy on ebay.

I wont purchase without a high feedback. Got took a couple times way back by not paying attention to feedback.

Hey I have that many  and a few more and they are all positive 100%

post-2057-0-28497400-1383782117_thumb.jp

There is always one in the crowd right Scott  >:D

• Like 1

I buy all my audio cabling and some last-minute auctions for mixing equipment and MIDI stuff but I wont buy vinyl material if I can help it as its too high and not enough in quantity as I can do better with USC and shipping is so fast they cant hold a light to USC on shipping...I tried on ebay and found being under bid by others so I wasn't going to give it away and have to pay Ebay the privilege to give my work away, then came the request for my S/S number for IRS , that's it, done, finished..I am not crooked, nor hiding from IRS but I don't give my S/S info to just some yaawho...So I will stick to bein a poor idealist and keep playin rock-n-roll and cutting vinyl wall art when someone wants it....

• Like 2

Over at VHF I have suggested to many misdirected souls to use a clean cut in their phonograph. :/

Yep, I was shut down as well.  My fees to ebay are around $150/month, and I've been making a little over $1000 a month for some time.  I have 100% positive feedback.  I called as well and they wouldn't review my account or tell me why other than to say that I'm not offering tracking and something about my sales (not a copyright issue).  Well tracking on an envelope is actually certified...and that costs $2.20 or around there...customers do not purchase tracking at that cost, and if I pay it, there goes my profit.  Ebay can "s" my "d."  Gonna put all my ads on Etsy and look up some other sites. 

Watch out people, anyone who sells on Ebay knows how some customers are just flat out jerks. I had an account since 2005 with a store, kept about 500 items in my store at all times. Always had 100% - 99% feedback until one month. I had one customer purchase 2 separate things from me, the shipping option they chose which clearly stated that it was standard USPS shipping (not priority mail) and the items both stated that they could take up to 3 business days before shipping. I purchased the postage through Ebay 2 days after the purchase and shipped the items out, they claim that the items took a week to get there and because of that they gave me a low feedback on shipping time. 

After being a loyal seller for all those years Ebay closed my seller account on me because of this. I called them a bunch of times and spoke with numerous managers who all said the same thing to me which was "Im sorry sir our policies are what they are and it doesn't matter when you purchased the postage or shipped it, a customer was not satisfied with the shipping time and that is why we closed your account. There is nothing that we can do to restore it for you. You will no longer be able to sell on Ebay ever again."

So as my previous statement said.... Ebay SUCKS!

My theory is... I remember reading a few years ago an interview that someone did with the Ebay CEO and he had made a comment that they wanted to try and get away from having the small sellers and only concentrate on having multi million dollar companies selling there so they can compete with Amazon in a bigger marketplace. I feel that I was unfairly treated. They have NO loyalty or compassion for their sellers, only for the buyers. They probably treat the big companies on there like gold but who knows. 

Ebay has changed a lot over the years and never for the better of the sellers. They will continue to screw the sellers as much as they can until there are none left. 

I REFUSE to do any business with them ever again and I urge people to do the same all the time. 

By the way, this all happened to me about 3 months ago. 

So far Etsy has been pretty good for me and the customers there seem to be much better than the bottom feeders over at the worlds largest flea market. 

BOYCOTT EBAY!

• Like 1

I sell  quite a few items that are in ounces,  First Class shipping with delivery confirmation from Paypal. I use manilla envelopes and cardboard for shipping.  I have several sizes. of envelopes that I use.    The lowest First Class price  thru Paypal is $1.69 and is for 1-3 ounces,and tracking is FREE   Price your decals to include the shipping costs.  and make your decals larger.  Customers still buy.

• Like 1

Yea i Just could not believe that. But hey oh well. and yes ebay has been getting worse over the years. Most Huge companys like that, do not care about the little people. But how can ya GROW, ya gotta start somewhere. But business is not bad at all outside of ebay, and still more money in my pocket instead of this fee, that fee, dont forget about that other fee yada yada.  outside of ebay so far, i have not had 1 un-happy customer yet. If i do, will do whatever I can to keep them happy. 

remember, money is over rated  :rolleyes:  

Might try etsy for a while see how that goes... Don't really have time for a website right now.. might make up something later this winter for something to do.

pretty soon Youtube will want ya to buy credits or something to view videos. ( mark my words u watch ) :D

Dont count on ebay if you are a serious seller. Having your business in their hands seems like a bad idea. You can get everything right and they can shut you down for fun.

• Like 1

yea i called today again on an update. the guy told me the same BS. I am a risk to the ebay community. I asked him why the hell is there people out there with 3 00 or 400 negitive feedback score about super slow shipping, bad items, etc etc, and there still selling like mad on ebay...he couldnt answer it, and just said this is why i was shut down. I hung up on him.

But this is america land of the free ( if your not american ) I should be used to it by now. 

Oh well life goes on without ebay. Its not the end of the world that's for sure.