Pcrat

Ebay shut me down indefinitely yep im about done with em.

First off let me say my feedback is 100% nothing bad at all ever not 1 unhappy customer Even had return customers.

So i get an email from ebay saying that My business ethic is not up to par with them ( to make a long story short ) so i wasn't able to sell anymore.

So i call them.. and asked whats up. they looked it over, and they said because supposedly: 

1. I am selling decals UNDER retail value..... 

I told them i cannot sell a 6" of vinyl for 20.00. no matter what the decal is... it goes by how much vinyl is used how many layers. etc etc.they said Ok, they understand.

2. They think I am using a drop shipper. (  I guess what that means is, The buyer pays me, and I send it to the warehouse to get sent out )

I told them hell no. I cut all my own decals. i buy my own vinyl ( and told them ,look you can see I have bought vinyl on ebay ) and have my own cutter and heat press.

Everything I cut is shipped right from my house. they can see this. The guy said he can see all this and that i am an outstanding member of ebay and sees no reason why this is happening.  He said this is an automated thing on ebay.

So he put in for a reinstatement for me to sell again. There is nothing illegal that I am doing at all on ebay and he knows this. so he had to send this "upstairs" and got me back selling again.

But i just dont think ebay is really worth the trouble anymore.

in the past year i sat down and figured this out. I payed close to 300.00 in ebay fees and paypal fees all togather and really didnt make alot.

so I think im about done with ebay. I make more outside of ebay and less of a hassle and on my own terms.

I suspect that other decal vendors have "reported" you to ebay, I seriously doubt they have an automated system that looks for cheap deals and starts banning sellers...

I also doubt that they have any idea of how much it costs to manufacture a decal and what constitutes a fair price...

• Like 3

Yeah Im betting there is some copyright issues involved and you were turned in for them, which is against their TOS. Yeah a ton of them do it, but looks like you just got hit for it

• Like 2

You'd think they'd want to resolve this so they keep getting your money. Even if it were a copyright issue I would think they'd just tell you to pull those certain items not shut you down. I love ebay but as a buyer not a seller.

huh... they said none of my decals are in any copyright violations tho. all my decals are customizable with names etc usually. in memory are alot of them. with crosses, roses. those were the most  popular... business names numbers for cars/ trucks, Hours of operation. i wasnt selling logos. But ohwell. more of a hassle than whats its worth for pennies. 

My better customers come from word of mouth so will stick with that now.

. I do alot of buying on ebay and have no problems with that. but as a seller for decals on ebay dont think im gonna go that route no more.

That's still a raw deal. With prices being what they are and fees being what they are you almost have to send ebay a check every month just for the priveledge.

• Like 1

Is eBay a monopoly?

No.   just the most popular website for buying and selling.   I have my same items up on a few other popular sites,  rarely sell anything,  but I do make my living off of EBAY,   OP says he spent $300 a year in fees.  I spend $300  a month in fees just to EBAY.  and I still make a good living and a very good profit.   and have for 7 years now. And all I sell is vinyl as my main sales.

I have a store and I don't know where else you can pay for a 10 cent ad, for 30 days, with a large quantity on it for sale,  and it is advertised to millions and millions of buyers.

• Like 5

I'm not as high as skeeter but ebay and paypal combines a month is probably about 250 between mine and stacey's accounts.  I remember back when that would have been closer to $50 - they just keep raising the fees, usually in sneeky ways

• Like 2

Yeah I agree.   I am around the same as Carolyn and then that's not even counting more to etsy

yeah i'm  about done with Ebay also sold a sled the other day for 160.00 and 95.00 shipping they charged me final sale fee of 16.00 and a final mailing fee of 9.50 . they get fees for you mailing the items. that was a new one to me so looking for some place else to see to.

post-19735-0-18777800-1383742159.jpg

yeah i'm  about done with Ebay also sold a sled the other day for 160.00 and 95.00 shipping they charged me final sale fee of 16.00 and a final mailing fee of 9.50 . they get fees for you mailing the items. that was a new one to me so looking for some place else to see to.

I have never been charged a "mailing" fee and I have shipped thousands of Items.  Actually, right now I am getting a Holiday discount on shipping thru Paypal.   It comes right up with my shipping costs itemized,, as Holiday discount 20%.

If you are printing labels from Paypal, you do have to pay the post office for shipping costs.   That is not free..And it is actually cheaper than going to the post office and paying there.  So easy, to just print your labels from Paypal and drop off at post office.

And all final fees have been based on the final item price sold + shipping price for several years now   Too many people avoiding EBAY fees, selling an item for a very low price, then a high price on shipping to try and get the full amount on the sale    Say Item   $3,   Shipping $30.  total $33.   Old days the final fee would only be on the $3.00    Now it's on the total $33.00,  has been for several years. 

Yeah anything Ive sold on there I have been charged a final sale fee and a shipping fee then paypal takes their fee. I just try to adjust price to reflect it, but lately thats hard with so many underselling.

• Like 1

There are several on EBAY that sell dirt cheap. And they work many times, 4 times harder than I do..for less money and more vinyl costs. .   I keep my prices up, but I run sales.   Offer FREE shipping.   I just added the shipping and supplies to my prices.  Most buyers are searching for lowest price, item and shipping. total.   That is also automatic 5 stars for Shipping costs. 

You need a niche' to stay competitive on EBAY.   I also have many repeat buyers.

There are several on EBAY that sell dirt cheap. And they work many times, 4 times harder than I do..for less money and more vinyl costs. .   I keep my prices up, but I run sales.   Offer FREE shipping.   I just added the shipping and supplies to my prices.  Most buyers are searching for lowest price, item and shipping. total.   That is also automatic 5 stars for Shipping costs. 

You need a niche' to stay competitive on EBAY.   I also have many repeat buyers.

I totally agree.

To get the lowest fees possible, offer same or next day shipping, free shipping, 14 day return policy, and do not use ebay as your shipping utility. (or PayPal)

I don't sell signs, decals or anything like that on ebay. I do sell other things and the freaking fees are eating me up! SUCKS!

Ebay wants you to offer free shipping because the final value fee is higher on the total.....final value fee is 'supposed' to be lower on the shipping part if you charge for shipping.....or so they say.

It's a two-edged sword. Like Ms Skeeter I have made my living on ebay for years..either through direct sales or from getting repeat customers who don't go through ebay after the first time. I just figure in the ebay fees when I price something. I consider it a cost of doing business. As much as I pay, it is still lower than I would have to pay if I sold locally,for advertising...yellow page listing,etc.

I noticed the shipping discount but thought the price was about the same - figure it is another way to hide an increase in shipping cost after the holiday discount is gone . . . . 

I shipped from Indiana,  a 2 pound box Priority regular 24" x 6" x 6" to Seattle, Washington yesterday   Insured and Signature confirmation.   Paypal price was total  $11.15 which included Holiday bonus 20% discount. Which was $2.40 off.  Online  Post office  USPS.com is  $14.53       At Post office is  $16.40,   Prices from USPS website.

Because I am a Top Rated seller I get up to $100 insurance for FREE.   USPS only offers up to $50.00 insurance free for Priority, and higher grade.services.

• Like 1

I shipped from Indiana,  a 2 pound box Priority regular 24" x 6" x 6" to Seattle, Washington yesterday   Insured and Signature confirmation.   Paypal price was total  $11.15 which included Holiday bonus 20% discount. Which was $2.40 off.  Online  Post office  USPS.com is  $14.53       At Post office is  $16.40,   Prices from USPS website.

Because I am a Top Rated seller I get up to $100 insurance for FREE.   USPS only offers up to $50.00 insurance free for Priority, and higher grade.services.

what was that same box weight/size shipped 3 months ago . . .  I agree the current is a discount but I looked at my history and haven't seen the savings from several weeks ago on small packages

I would have to take time to look up older orders,   Doing jobs right now.  And it was Aug, when  post office offered Free insurance for up $50.00 .  I also don't always ship Signature confirmation,   For higher priced over $80.00 I make them sign for it.  Cost is figured in.  Had buyers say,  mail man left at back door,  got smashed,  stupid crap, This is before FREE insurance. , :rolleyes:  So, I make them hand it to the buyer..  Now, they can't say such stuff.when they screw up their decals applying them :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I've been selling on Ebay for over a decade. Of course fees go up, but so does the cost of living. Ebay has been great to me, just got to know how to work it. 

• Like 1

what was that same box weight/size shipped 3 months ago . . .  I agree the current is a discount but I looked at my history and haven't seen the savings from several weeks ago on small packages

Ok ,,I found a receipt dated 8/8/2012,  2 pounds to Tacoma Washington, same box  ZIP  98445    Actual shipping was $8.57  Priority and to compare to the other package  Add $2.45 for $100 insurance  $2.20  Signature confirmation.  That totals  $13.22

2/8/2013    same package 2 pounds to Los Angeles, CA  zip 90018    Shipping $8.27.  ADD  $2.45 $100  insurance   $2.20 Signature  Totals $12.92.