Sign in to follow this  
DarkHorse

Newbie from South Florida

you got it. My LP2 did the same thing when it came in and by the time they sent me a replacement carriage I got bored and fixed it myself. Some guy in China isn't doing a very good job lining up the magnet in the center of the housing so it is actually dragging an the side. They confirmed this was an issues with the LP2 when I called about it. He didn't seem the least bit surprised when I told him what I thought it was. You don't hear about too much going bad on these like z chips and all in all mine at least has been proven to be pretty durable once I fixed that issue. I used it today to cut 1/2 a dozen contoured magnets for one of the local schools and it did the job no problem.

Let's hope Lisa has the savvy to handle a Phillips screwdriver.

By the way, I noticed your comment "I have zero experience hosting a file anywhere..." and all I can say is one word -- DROPBOX.

When I get back to the store I'll do that. I actually have dropbox setup for emailing large files and it never entered my mind that they is how it works. I am not a tech savy person, mechanical all day long but circuits and software are not my cup of tea.

Lisa,

If it you need a step by step just let me know and I'll try to put somethIing together when I get to the store tomorrow. I can't remember if the carriage had to be off the machine or not to do the necessary adjustment but I have a spare carriage at the store to look at and take any necessary pictures in you need me to.

I must give everyone here kudos...you guys (and/or gals) are awesome! Thank you, everyone, so VERY much!

Yeah, we ARE awesome !!!

Y-W.

I suspect that you'll get that carriage cover off, and the blade holder jumping up&down before USCutter reopens on Monday!

• Like 1

LOL. In addition to being AWESOME, you all have a great sense of humor! I'm pretty handy with a screwdriver (I actually have more power tools than a lot of men LOL), so I'll give that a shot when I get some time. I actually need to move on to a different project for the next few days, but I'll keep you updated! (More than likely, I'll divert back to the cutter at some point...)

Thank you again to everyone!

LOL. In addition to being AWESOME, you all have a great sense of humor! I'm pretty handy with a screwdriver (I actually have more power tools than a lot of men LOL), so I'll give that a shot when I get some time. I actually need to move on to a different project for the next few days, but I'll keep you updated! (More than likely, I'll divert back to the cutter at some point...)

Hello and welcome ...Lisa

You go girl.  you sound a lot like me.   I do all my own work also,  And have a lot of tools..  ;D   and proud of it. 

• Like 2

Hi again, everyone! Well, I called US Cutter and they sent me a new carriage. Just got it yesterday. Anyone out there want to take a stab at explaining how to go about replacing it? The top of my machine (Laserpoint 2) does not flip up. Looks like the end caps must be unscrewed to be able to get to the screws to loosen the top to flip it up. After that, I'm lost! I don't want have to take this whole flippin machine apart if I don't have to. Needless to say, I am enormously frustrated with this whole experience right now...

Will check back in later today. Gotta head off to work.

The top does flip up from the front but the snaps are very tight. I thought as you did that I had to pull the sides but in the process I pulled hard enough of the to to get it to open. Once you get it open it is pretty straightforward but if you need help on anything just post back and I'll look at mine again and see if I can walk you through it. I don't think it took more than 10 minutes if I remember right.