Crimsicle

Node shapes

I have a couple of questions about nodes that I can't seem to find the answers to in the manual.  The attached image illustrates three different types of nodes.  There are those that sit on the path as squares.  And then there are those that sit on the path as diamonds.  But, the ones that really confound me are the teensy little ones that are almost invisible.  This particular image was a letter with an added border done through use of dynamic offset.  The teeny little nodes are in the path created from the offset. 

So....what's the difference between the squares and diamonds? 

I have run into teeny nodes before in other situations, and in those situations they APPEAR to either indicate a break in the path OR a double node.  It's very confusing - especially since I can't seem to find any reference to these kinds of nodes anywhere.  Maybe I just don't know where to look.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Suzette

post-66634-0-03988500-1383074232_thumb.j

The small nodes are usually where there are two nodes that overlap each other. I don't get why they get created in cases like your example though.

Care to share the info skeeter? 

Your right the tiny nodes, are when two nodes are very close just click the little one and hit delete. It will be replaced by a regular node. Im usually pretty good about getting rid of those little ones, Sometimes I miss a few but haven't noticed any negative to leaving them with cut vinyl but like I said it might be one or two in something that has hundreds of nodes.

There is another type of node that you might not have experienced yet, actually several but the main wierd one is one that looks like a star burst, Thats when 3 nodes overlap, its rare but the more you use inkscape youll see it. I personally love the program and I believe it shouldn't be free. Ill be donating soon.