bossman696

Lease vs. Purchase

Mine "graphtec" is a VE model and it will not run on graphtec drivers. Just a heads up if your software doesn't list VE. I'm pretty sure SW has the drivers available but I'd make sure before laying down the cash. Mine is the older ce5000 clone.

I need to do some research, but the only problem is nobody seems to have one.  I figured I would make sure they had a decent return policy and see if I could get something going as a test bed and maybe they would give me a discount is I provided info on how people could make this mac compatible using whatever workarounds I can come up with.  A fella can dream can't he?

What drivers are you using for your older model?  I hear graphtec's ce5000 drivers work with the CE6000.  Maybe it will translate on the VE series as well?

On the ve I ended up using flexi starter 10 which has the ve drivers already there. SCALP will run it but it drastically limits your options when cutting to the point I had to buy flexi. If you ever think you may end up selling your cutter buy the graphtec model because the name seems to hold more resale value even though they are mechanically twins.

• Like 1

I made a few adjustments to my 24" SC cutter.  Graphtec Quality?  Definitely not, but it looks much better!

Original:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3n7LXZlxCNqBnU30y8dZddMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

2nd Adjustment:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/box86YhuIbXB88PMKj6I6tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Final Adjustment:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nx9rhZEjq6Hcbh2hBFWx6tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

I still see corner blow out issues, but the chattering on the angle cuts is less noticeable.

Glad you're getting it sorted out. You can get acceptable results from these machines, it just takes a little more work.

you can get acceptable cuts with a litlte tweaking - those of us that blow so much about our graphtecs have been there when we had those cutters, it is just different after you experience it to grab a corner and have it all week easily and correct.  not that I don't still have my times on some cuts but most of the time it is butter . . . . cleancut blades make a world of difference also.  I am sure all the time most of us spent tweaing our value cutters made us much better overall operators when we got the higher end cutters.  It helps us to understand why things happen and the effects of different changes in settings

• Like 2

Cleancut blades will improve the cut quality of any cutter. I first used them in my Laserpoint, then the LP2, now the Graphtec and they do make a big difference.

I made a few adjustments to my 24" SC cutter.  Graphtec Quality?  Definitely not, but it looks much better!

Original:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3n7LXZlxCNqBnU30y8dZddMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

2nd Adjustment:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/box86YhuIbXB88PMKj6I6tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Final Adjustment:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nx9rhZEjq6Hcbh2hBFWx6tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

I still see corner blow out issues, but the chattering on the angle cuts is less noticeable.

Just curious..........  What adjustments did you make?

Just curious..........  What adjustments did you make?

Most of my adjustments were to the carriage belt tension.  I lightly greased the carriage wheel.  They are plastic and probably self lubricating but what could it hurt?  I looked up a few articles about servo vs stepper motors and used that info to try different things with mine.  Basically it said stepper motor have only so much resolution and any slippage will go uncorrected when using them.  So if your software said go 100 clicks and it bound up and only when 95 clicks, it had no real way of knowing it didn't make to all 100.  So I just took some of the pressure off the drive belt, played with the driver setting and while she is far from perfect, its better than I had.  I still see consistency issues though.  Some cuts are perfect and then some have chatter in them.  I may be looking at the graphtec's again sooner than I expected.  I guess that bad demo taste is fading.

Would anyone with a graphtec or clone be interested in cutting a small 4" x 4" file and posting a pic?  I would like to have something I can directly compare against.

If it's something you can just post and it will be fine,  then just post the file.   We will see what we can do. We have different Graphtec models on here.

size 3.63"H x 3.5" W Oracal 651 I am not a great photographer though Regular Graphtec 45 degree blade    Here is another I did a while back,         1/4" H  in avery chrome      post-3058-0-86718100-1383285747_thumb.jp

post-3058-0-17751800-1383283777_thumb.jp

not runnin downstairs tongiht -was looking at staceys ABS sensor on the beetle and a new florecent light fixture in the garage burned up - think that's enough for tonight - lots of smoke - no fire luckily 

The larger 1 is 1.5" tall. The smaller is 1.25" tall. Note the 2 missing letters on the smaller 1 were still there but lifted and in the interst of honesty I didn't reset them.

photobucket-10976-1383308650514_zps5d5ff

• Like 1

Don't let a poor salesman or a anybody on here deter you from a graphtec. For the naysayer that swears his cutter is every bit as good as a graphtec. Let your results speak for themselves.

All I can say is WOW!  I have to agree, the difference is night and day compared to the samples I just cut.  The main things I notice are the extremely sharp corners, and the super straight lines.  Even with my adjustments, my corners are rounded and the slanted letters have waviness.  I am convinced!

You have made me a believer!  Thanks for the help, but my pocket book will be upset with you guys for quite some time…..  :lol:

I may just order this thing today.  I have two rather large payments coming this week for shirts and signs for the local schools that should just about cover this.  Was hoping for a PS4, but you can't make money with one of those.  :rolleyes:

post-25766-0-46856100-1383309858_thumb.j

Don't let a poor salesman or a anybody on here deter you from a graphtec. For the naysayer that swears his cutter is every bit as good as a graphtec. Let your results speak for themselves.

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

The larger 1 is 1.5" tall. The smaller is 1.25" tall. Note the 2 missing letters on the smaller 1 were still there but lifted and in the interst of honesty I didn't reset them.

photobucket-10976-1383308650514_zps5d5ff

Did you cut your samples with your VE model?  I finally got an answer from my cutting software company and they said their CE6000 drivers should drive the VE QE6000.  How do you do contour cuts with the VE you have?  Does the ARMS work or do you have to do it manually?

You have made me a believer!  Thanks for the help, but my pocket book will be upset with you guys for quite some time…..  :lol:

Pocket book may hate us, but you will be too impressed to say anything.

Did you cut your samples with your VE model?  I finally got an answer from my cutting software company and they said their CE6000 drivers should drive the VE QE6000.  How do you do contour cuts with the VE you have?  Does the ARMS work or do you have to do it manually?

Be carefull with that "should" Playing with that kind of money I would want a guarantee.

• Like 1

Pocket book may hate us, but you will be too impressed to say anything.

Be carefull with that "should" Playing with that kind of money I would want a guarantee.

You are right, I need to stop being so cheap!  It has burned me a few times…  I can't believe I'm still considering that VE option even after the SIgnwarehouse guy told me it was hit and miss with the MAC.  He even said go with the graphtec if you want out of the box compatibility.  I guess my main hold up is I will STILL be using the same SignCut Pro software for either machine.  I seriously doubt I would be using the cutting master software, other than the Illustrator plug-in.

We will see.  Maybe I can get the salesman to hook me up with a discount.  Looks like I just missed rebates on the graphtecs that ended on the 25th.

If you know illustrator, the plug-n is great.

So is the controller. I am not sure if there is a Mac vers of that.

I have the ce5000 version and it doesn't have ARMS which is definitely something I wish it had. I do my contour cuts on my LP2 just as personal preference in how the programs work but ARMS will be a must on my next cutter.  Maybe I can get a job as a demo operator for Graphtec ;D . Like the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words. I believe Mzskeeter could go even smaller than me because she has the fc series super duty industrial machine and if you want to go really tiny htv like siser allows super small cuts because the pieces stay stuck down to the carrier instead of lifting like vinyl.

The ARMS is great. Took a bit to get used to it, but great. If your software works with it. Flexistarter does.

Actualy, so should the plug in for illustartor.