Sign in to follow this  
theishkid

OSX 10.9 Mavericks killed FlexiStarter

Anyone else having the issue?
Mine dies on the "loading tool engine" prompt.
I've already tried reinstalling but that didn't help.

Talked with Flexi Support tonight. If you have a working version of Flexi do not upgrade to OSX 10.9.

So with all of this going on tonight I just happened to open up cutting master and it worked just fine (since I design in Illustrator). Why have I not been doing this all along? Is there something better about Flexi's cutting that cutting master 3 cannot do? I'm just need to know if it's even worth downgrading this mac back to 10.8 when I have a cutting plugin right there. 

Yea it seems to be a little slower and a few less features than flexi. I miss the poll size from flexi and the show size feature. It might even be in there and I haven't had a chance to find it. I do really like not opening up an entire other program and might actually cut down on my time in the long run.

I'm just very frustrated that flexi is so far behind and doesn't seem to care about mac users anymore. I mean... I was actually told that "flexi 8.5v2 is officially compatible with 10.4 thru 10.6". If that's the case then why is USCutter and other sites still selling it?

will cut master work with a creation pcut ct630 or is this just the graphtec one ? sorry to hijack

Cutting Master is a Graphtec program,  Has to be run on GP-GL language command on a Graphtec.