marduk

Graphtec cuts incorrect

Hi

I have a graphtec 5000-40-crp and doesnt cut the test-circles the same way: post-69220-0-63753000-1382380865_thumb.j

My guess is that it has nothing to do with offset, since offset will do the Same change to all the cuts on the circle and as you can see, all the circles are different - i undetstoof if they all was the same amount off/incorrect on the circles, then it would help.

I also have issues with hangnails and normally you would think, that the blade is to far out, but i have adjustet it+force so many times and no matter if the blade isnt even going through the vinyl, it still makes these hangnails.

In the following picture, i find very interesting, since the 4. is very off angle! how can i change only that (and not 2.) so it will get into center. Its having an angle

post-69220-0-99608500-1382381169_thumb.j

- I use 09u blade holder(also shown in display)

- reset the machine a bunch of times

- used another bladeholder+blades

- using with and without carriersheet

etc.

Hope someone can help me :)

what are your settings?

does it do the same with the pen?

Is this a new machine?  or purchased used?

Have you checked your cutting strip for damage?  gouges etc?  Down all the way across?

Make sure nothing is in the blade holder, vinyl scraps etc.  Try a drop or 2 of thin oil like 3-1, sewing machine oil in blade holder and make sure blade spins freely.

Set your blade like this, 

to start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Been busy the last couble of days. thanks a lot for your reply.

It varies, but on the 3G paper, i think it set to:

- force 11

- speed 10

- quality 1

- tool 09u

- offset 0

and Under Command i use GL and 0.01 mm step size, which i also set in illustrator plugin (used to run 0.1, but it helped a lot on smaller letters, to use the 0.01 instead.).

Yes it does the same with the pen (let me know if you need pictures. i have some scanned and ready to send.).

The plotter is probably 3 years old and it has a few bruises here and there - i have attached "Protection strip2.jpg" and the reason why i havent send this to begin with, is because i was told, that if you use the carriersheet, then it wont matter with a cut in the protection strip.

"Make sure nothing is in the blade holder, vinyl scraps etc.  Try a drop or 2 of thin oil like 3-1, sewing machine oil in blade holder and make sure blade spins freely." I have an extra bladeholder+blades and i have tryed the pen and they all give bad results, so i guess its something else? i have tryed to clean it tho, but havent with the oil part, since i have tested with the other stuff, which gives the same results.

I have done what you suggested(that what i did before also) about how i should set the blade - i have actually tryed a bunch of ways.

One thing i have noticed tho, is that the testcuts continue to look this way, when you zoom in a lot: "testCut.jpg" I drawed this to show the corners. I think i read in some manual from something, that this is to much force or something, but that doesnt make sense to me, since i can have this, even tho im not cutting making a good cut through the material(this might be the reason why im getting hangnails) and here people might tend to say i should use offset in the frontdisplay, but this will curve the lines i have noticed..

Hope this is not to much. hope you want to help more :)

post-69220-0-76555100-1382559227_thumb.j

post-69220-0-74449100-1382559694_thumb.j

start with a new cutting strip....or try putting a piece of reflective vinyl over it for temp use only, until you get a new cutting strip.   and that photo of the triangle says your blade off set is too high.  Look at your user manual on that  ..It shows the triangles,,

• Like 1

1. http://i.cubeupload.com/vpSJZu.jpg New cutting strip.

2. http://i.cubeupload.com/PdOHgw.png It's a little difficult to see, but the corners on the square is doing the same thing as in #3. This is the perfect amount the blade is sticking out. If i do it any less, i wont be able to remove the testcut, without having issues

3. http://i.imgur.com/L4PsgPA.png?1 "times new roman" text cut on the left and peeled on the right.

At times it will start making a sound while its bouncing quickly to the left and right. When i move the head with the arrows, it stops right away. The carriage is nice and snug/not moving anywhere.

@mr300s

I'm using Illustrator with graphtecs plugin. Have tryed both cutting master 2 and 3. I have the newest firmware as well.

I did get it contact with graphtec, but that didnt lead to any solution. I'll try and write them again. But please feel free to give any suggestions :)

You state that  it is the perfect amount of blade.   Have you set your blade according to how I have stated many times?    Once you set the blade correctly, you adjust the Force/pressure of the machine to cut deeper. Not the blade depth. You should just barely see the tip of that blade out of the blade holder.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Carolyn is giving you good info. 

Make sure the tip of the blade isn't broken and yes I have had a brand new blade with the tip broken.  I actually look at the tip with a 10x loupe glass and  use that to look inside the holder to make sure there is not anything in there.  Remember that blade has to spin around so must be clear.  A drop of oil can go a long way also.  The other thing that comes to mind is are you sure the little spring is still on the blade and didn't fall off?

• Like 1

looks like the dust in the carriage advice you got a signs101 is not a bad place to look either - gotta say you got stones to even go there and ask on a 40cm cutter - glad you got a reasonable response.  guessing you might get some more LOL

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

looks like the dust in the carriage advice you got a signs101 is not a bad place to look either - gotta say you got stones to even go there and ask on a 40cm cutter - glad you got a reasonable response.  guessing you might get some more LOL

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Yea....  That place is rough!!!!

@Mz SKEETER

Thats what i hoped the 2. Would show. But its not making any visual sign/scratch/ hitting the backing (wax paper backing). Just a tiny bit(if i turn it less, it wont cut the material).

@mr300s

I just tryed with a new blade, spring, lubricated insite the head and made sure the carriage/head is clean(only have 4xzoom. need to get something better soon :)) and the spring is still on/surrounding the blade

@dakotagrafx & Go-C Wraps

Wanted to give it a try, to give myself better odds, so i hopefully soon can start cutting again. Just happy they didnt rejected me right away :)

Did the following to what they suggested:

"Its okay, im just happy to get some tips.
I have now cleared everything in the carriage and in the head. I have lubricated it and i also tryed with another blade+spin. The testcut seems to have gotten better, but it still is a little sticky in the bottom right corner of the square. When i do "times new roman" test again, it still has many problem. Might it be the start/end point it is wrong with and what can i try next?"

Thanks guys

Wow it might be time for tech support but then again with all the help you got from everyone that does hands on I have a feeling there is probably more knowledge than one lone tech guy, but here is  hoping...

Do you have your blade holder all the way down in the machine carriage head and secure?   The thumbscrew flange should sit on top of the ridge of the blade holder. 

So then let me ask this?  What kind of vinyl its not green star is it...  I know I'm fishing

One other thing have you tried a factory reset?

• Like 1

He has tried a s**tload of things, 3 pages worth on t-shirt forums and still can't get it going right, behooves me

looks like it is time for graphtec to troubleshoot it then - 3 forums and no resolution . . . .my money is on they will want it sent in to diagnose it.

do they have service centers in Denmark?

didn't he buy this cutter used?  Or am I wrong?    Maybe that is why it was sold.....Somebody messed it up.  The cutting strip he showed earlier was a mess.

post 5 carolyn - new cutting strip - I saw it cuz I gotz new glasses this week LOL

I know he got a new cutting strip,, I told him to in post 4.   So on post 5 he did it.  MY question is.   Did he buy this cutter used?   Was it already a mess when he bought it?  LOL 

ahhhh , I see said the blind man as he shook his wooden leg around his glass eyeball.   :-[ 

@dakotagrafx
Yes its running at 10

@mr300s
Im using CHEMICA vinyl and i did reset it a lot of times(#1)

@dakotagrafx
I wrote them yesterday, so hopefully they know something. Last time i wrote with them, there didnt come anything out of it. They didnt talk about cleaning up the carriage etc. Hope it can become a good combination of using forums and there help at the same time. I plan was to save money up for a new one and make a deal with the danish company, so i could get him to fix this for at the same time, hopefully for free.. Its very expensive to get it fixed! might as well buy a new one. $180/hour? why you ask. no idea.

@Mz SKEETER
No, but im sure it must have got a bump on the ride over to my place(new location. droven by car), since the carriage was loose later on

I never heard of that but I see its a heat vinyl.  Do you have any oracle vinyl that you could run and see if it happens to that also?