Sign in to follow this  
Xdime03

Looking for help pricing a job for family

Looking to be fair but still make a little off the job to put towards the purchase of a new cutter... Let me know what you think pricing wise and any comments and/or criticism welcome.. Thank you!

work performed.

1 side of a sandwich board (two colors)

both sides of a second sandwich board (two colors) (sorry no pics of this one)

one sign  4FT X 8FT (two colors with one word in white)

one door window approx. 20" x 28" (single color)

post-42930-0-11794800-1382365755_thumb.j

post-42930-0-86089800-1382365761_thumb.j

post-42930-0-10379500-1382365768_thumb.j

Depends on family member some get 20% off, some pay retail and many get charged double. I have a disfunctional family.

• Like 3

$10,000. Set the precedent now before the rest of your family comes around demanding discounts!

• Like 4

For family and close friends I just charge for material, unless its something I already have then Its free. In your case, I would charge for all the materials and maybe a 10% markup. 

Family I give a 20% off retail price.  Yes its family but you gotta remember you give stuff away you dont stay in business long.  Business is business

If 20% off is giving it away you may need to raise your prices.

jaybird I meant if you give it away versus just giving 20% off lol   20%off im still making a great profit

I retread that after ans it makes a whole lot more sense now. I need to get back on my pc, this ipad is just too small for my half blind butt.

Close family is usally free. Distant family I do not do work for it is a no win situation with family. Several years ago my aunt ( my mothers sister ) wanted some remodeling done i was really busy at the time and informed it would be some time before i could do it she said fine she was not in a hurry a couple weeks later i was speaking to my mother on the phone and she said her sister had said she wanted some work done but could not get me to do it. So then and there it was a no family policy when it came to business. Close family is always free only a material charge that way they cant say i charge too much.

I ran the #'s in my head and other than install time (like the window or hanging signs) I'd be $350-$400. But you'll see soon that price really depends on where you live.

Keep in mind also, he already had the sandwich board used and the sign. I had to do the design, cutting, weeding, installing etc.

Quick guess for the total would be $600 - $700 between cleaning and installing, etc.

sounds like were on the same page jaybird.  Xdime that price factors new coroplast and vinyl.  That is with the customer supplying the A Frame signs.  You figure to do one set of A-Frame signs is an hour just as a guide so you got 2 hours right there to do two sets.  Plus cut time on the signs and door and then coroplast cost and material cost.  Then you have the material and time to cut and design and layout the 4x8 sign plus lay it.  And the two hours labor is to hang it onsite

• Like 1