matty123

having problem with signcut cutting joined text ??

post-71776-0-87201400-1382125855_thumb.jpost-71776-0-57351700-1382125840_thumb.j

hi all this is my first time on here hope someone can help 

im trying to cut out the writing that is joined together but when i export it to signcut it cuts out bits i dont want it to is there a fix to this atal ?

i have added photos to show what i mean

Did you try doing a search for this on here? Common problem people have and it's been explained several times. You need to convert your text to paths then weld/union them all together.

Not to sure about signcut but I just weld without the convert.

But yes, weld will fix that right up.

• Like 1

I learned something new.  I only used Illustrator for tracing images.  I have designed in Indesign for years and feel much more comfortable there.  I export as a High res .jpeg and then open in Illustrator to trace and send to sign cut.  I really need to expand a bit and try new things.

I learned something new.  I only used Illustrator for tracing images.  I have designed in Indesign for years and feel much more comfortable there.  I export as a High res .jpeg and then open in Illustrator to trace and send to sign cut.  I really need to expand a bit and try new things.

Yeah buddy! A little time spent learning the tricks will yield a lot cleaner results than auto traces. Downside to Adobe is the substantial learning curve at the start but if you are already good with InDesign I would think the transition wouldn't be as bad as a total newbie. 

Yeah buddy! A little time spent learning the tricks will yield a lot cleaner results than auto traces. Downside to Adobe is the substantial learning curve at the start but if you are already good with InDesign I would think the transition wouldn't be as bad as a total newbie. 

This is true.  But just to be safe, it may be time to renew that old Lynda.com subscription for a refresher!