Sign in to follow this  
Pcrat

Epson Workforce WF-7510... ink delima..

I was looking at a cheaper model earlier this summer, but decided to wait and save some cash for a better one.

So ive decided to go with this one http://cobraink.com/Printers/epson7510.htm

Im gonna get it with the DYE CISS for sublimation. 

Doesnt T shirts use Pigment ink? or  can you do t shirts with DYE ink. been reading around people use both.. both have there ups and downs..

i got people asking for t shirts and dye sub stuff.. mouse pads, license plates even iphone cases.. yee haw.

also what about printing on normal picture paper. since this printer is better than the walmart ones. My wife bought a cheap HP printer, lets just say it sucks for high resolution pictures.

color quality is terrible.

Thanks

dye ink is the most vibrant and least life - pigment is longest life before fading but isn't as bright . ..

but pigment cannot do sub tho. I would rather do sub than print pictures for my wife to hang on the wall.

so using Dye sub ink on t shirts.... dont last as long but colors are more vibrant.

unless ya can buy a second CISS tank system and swap them out?

or maybe just buy normal stock epson cartridges for her normal picture printing.

i personally would go with a shirt that LOOKS good rather than one that looks less good but lasts longer, since shirts arent too expensive.

but pigment ink is for printing decals.. i guess i would have to buy another one for pigment, down the road...but printed decals isnt really a big wanted item around here right now.

my company has t shirts done every year, they asked me about it since they know what I do..

and every year new shirts, i guess there not worried about long life...

Dye sub is not the same as Dye ink. I think dakota and I are steering you wrong. 

ok...lol

umm.... i dont think i can do both t shirts and   plates, cases, mouse pads etc, with dye sub ink. Correct? 

That system comes with Dye base ink or Pigment ink. Now Dye base is the sublimation ink correct? or just normal dye ink?

i see i think... i would have to buy the CISS EMPTY and purchase sub ink somewhere else, since its not on Cobras Site. 

Dye base is not sub ink. I believe you have to call them and they call it heat ink or something like that. Seems like they has some issue with another company and had to take pull it from the website. Give them a call and Richard can answer any question you could ever have. Great people to deal with .

• Like 1

Correct, they carry dye-sub ink (which is not the same as dye-based ink), but you have to ask for it.  I believe they call it RZ280 High Temp Ink, or something like that.

Dye-sub ink is classified the same as pigment ink as far as what kind of CISS kit you want - some kits are universal, others are specific to dye or pigment.  Just call Cobra, tell them what you want to do and they'll take good care of you.

Once you run any type of ink through a printer, it's not economically feasible to try and clean it out well enough to use a different type of ink - it's possible, but there is a lot of labor and cleaning chemicals involved - most people simply buy multiple printers, one for each type of ink they plan to use.

If you're only wanting to do t-shirts, you may want to look at using t-shirt transfers instead of dye-sub -- dye sub will let you do a lot more items, but only on polyester surfaces and 100% polyester fabrics, and I'm finding that most people don't like 100% polyester shirts, they want cotton or at least 50/50.

• Like 1

I see. Well.. I got people that want a little of everything.. tshirts phone cases etc. t shirts will bring in more money.. and more people will want that rather than plates or worthless iphone cases lol.

But can't ya buy a seperate ciss tanks hose and internal cartridges? That way no seperate ink is flowing into each other.

Thanks guys.

t shirts will bring in more money.. and more people will want that rather than plates or worthless iphone cases lol.

If I was you I think I would reverse that Statement

I see. Well.. I got people that want a little of everything.. tshirts phone cases etc. t shirts will bring in more money.. and more people will want that rather than plates or worthless iphone cases lol.

But can't ya buy a seperate ciss tanks hose and internal cartridges? That way no seperate ink is flowing into each other.

Thanks guys.

Yes, but unlike an HP printer where the print head is part of the cartridge, the Epson printers have permanently installed print heads and so even if you swap out the cartridge, you'll still be pumping ink into the same internal tubing and print heads.

You can flush it out, but it takes a lot of time and effort and it's never 100% guaranteed.

I accidentally mixed 2 different ink while refilling once and after about a week it clogged the head so bad I had to toss the printer. For me shirts sell more than sublimation so I started with that and bought a Ricoh for sublimation after I made back some of my money on the epson from cobra ink.

T shirts lol ok. I see about the cartridges. Not swappable... yea was talking with the wife.. do dye sub ink and buy another printer down the road for t shirts.

I know a lot of people with I phones.. but what do ya charge for 1. Cant be much.. I guess dye sub has more options for products too.

Sorry about the worthleas iphones lol I don't like em.. too simplistic. 1 button lol

I get $10 but they're hard sells here. Other get more just depends on the area.

Yea not just cases but there's a lot ya can sub... then just doing t shirts... its just something else I would like to add on.. learn...the more products ya can do the better.

So i contacted Cobra Ink,  The workforce 7510 can use the dye sub ink as long as it's water-based ink. Is that good or no? If not, whats a  good wide format printer for dye sub and a place to get the ink then.

Ok. Gonna get the 7510 with the high temp ink. was gonna go with the 7520 but only difference is the 7520 has 2 trays. Hell I only need 1.

Thanks a bunch guys!

I have the 7510, I'm wondering if I can use inks from a bn20 are the head so different that it wouldn't work??

I have the 7510, I'm wondering if I can use inks from a bn20 are the head so different that it wouldn't work??

I would worry more about the solvent eating the parts leading to it . . . 

Ok, got it. Thanks Dakotafx!

BTW Dakotafx: I tried those cleancut blades you keep raving about - KEEP RAVING! They are amazing! They seem to get better with use. I started with graphtec blades, but when I switched to cleancut, I had to lower my pressure by more than half! now I can do intricate small lettering, truly a godsend. For the rest of you this is no joke, they really are that good.

• Like 1

Ok, got it. Thanks Dakotafx!

BTW Dakotafx: I tried those cleancut blades you keep raving about - KEEP RAVING! They are amazing! They seem to get better with use. I started with graphtec blades, but when I switched to cleancut, I had to lower my pressure by more than half! now I can do intricate small lettering, truly a godsend. For the rest of you this is no joke, they really are that good.

glad to hear it - I have to be a happy user before I really endorse any product and that is one of the best.  it has been described with a little use they actually get a better hone on the blade!  It is one of the best examples of a superior us made product.