Ravenwind / One Off Grafx

Too many fonts to install

I have well over 200,000 fonts but if i install them on my pc it will take days to load.What do you all use to get around this? I have just over 5000 installed and it lags my programs when it starts up. As a second question what is the best type of font to use i.e open, ttf, post ?

You must mot be running xp. search font manager there was a good discussion on this a couple weeks ago if memory serves.

Try NexusFont it's a free font organizer that will let you view the font with out installing it.  It's one I found and like.

They can all be installed at once....but I recommend a font manager like AMP. It allows you to temp install a font that will work in all programs until you close it and it uninstalls it so it doesnt bog your computer down. I use it a lot and now my only headache is going through so many fonts to find what I want to use lol. I need to print each one out and make a book to go through

Ya 200K fonts is good and bad. I only work with about 2000 and spend WAY too much time trying to decide on fonts or trying to match the obscure versions. I use Font Manager Pro which lets you group and toggle the ones you want but I'm on a mac so I don't know the other options out there. This one works great and wasn't too expensive. 

I like AMP's option to allow you to view the fonts with what ever sample text you want. Makes picking/matching font pretty quick and easy.

Been there, Done that. But you've got way more fonts than i use.photobucket-942-1382023971201_zps7c9f676