slice&dice

Crackhead of the Day

I suppose it's too much to expect from people to conduct honest trade in goods and services.

A fair deal can be percived at different levels ....if he sells it at that price or close he got one hell of a deal. And whom ever buys it may percive that he got a great deal and if he sees it like that he did.

It is like used cars they sell $1000.00 cars all the time for $3000.00 or more.

• Like 1

The craigslist offer to sell a US CUTTER MH-871 machine for $650 has none of the elements of a fair deal.

It is a 100% fraudulent offer. On its face, it's a lie and a scam.

I would not like to see an unsuspecting person be taken advantage of in this manner.

A brand new MH machine has a maximum market value of $280.

An aftermarket machine cannot in good conscience be sold at a price higher than that.

I have great disdain for anyone who says that it's OK for this clown to try and rip off an unsuspecting buyer in this manner.

As for those who go along with the attitude of "live and let live" when they see an obvious cheat in progress, that seems very cold and uncaring for your fellow human beings.

Used cars are not the same thing.

The value of any specific used car is dependent on the market of supply and demand for that ONE particular vehicle which can only have ONE buyer, and the price can thus vary widely.

There is an old saying that car salesmen use  -- "I can never sell you a car at a price higher than you are willing to pay for it..."

No, it's not a rip-off if you feel it's a fair value for that specific pre-owned unit, because you cannot go and buy a new car for $3000.

1) It's possible there is far more included in this deal that wasn't listed that actually makes it worth that much.

2) It's possible that the original owner died and his widow is attempting to sell his belongings and she doesn't know the value of the item and someone told her "if it's a good working, complete system it's worth $X" and she agreed

3) It's possible the seller bought it from someone else and paid entirely too much and isn't aware of it's true value and is just trying to recoup what he has in to it.

4) It's possible that the item was a gift from a relative and they were told "Your grandpa probably spent a $1000 on that, you had better learn to use it or get that money back!"

We have no idea why the price is what it is and to presume/assume that the seller is a fraud trying to rip people off, without having actually contacted the seller first to get their side of the story, is presumptuous at the very least...

• Like 1

The craigslist offer to sell a US CUTTER MH-871 machine for $650 has none of the elements of a fair deal.

It is a 100% fraudulent offer. On its face, it's a lie and a scam.

I would not like to see an unsuspecting person be taken advantage of in this manner.

A brand new MH machine has a maximum market value of $280.

An aftermarket machine cannot in good conscience be sold at a price higher than that.

I have great disdain for anyone who says that it's OK for this clown to try and rip off an unsuspecting buyer in this manner.

As for those who go along with the attitude of "live and let live" when they see an obvious cheat in progress, that seems very cold and uncaring for your fellow human beings.

Used cars are not the same thing.

The value of any specific used car is dependent on the market of supply and demand for that ONE particular vehicle which can only have ONE buyer, and the price can thus vary widely.

There is an old saying that car salesmen use  -- "I can never sell you a car at a price higher than you are willing to pay for it..."

No, it's not a rip-off if you feel it's a fair value for that specific pre-owned unit, because you cannot go and buy a new car for $3000.

You take a few pennys worth of vinyl and sell it for several dollars. I installed a sign yesterday that was $500.00 if people knew the price of the material in the sign I am sure they would think it was not a fair price. People and companys do it all the time furniture is one example of very large mark ups as much as 300%.

Slice if you think he's unfair maybe you need to spend more time on those used car lots. I've worked for several as a mechanic and let me tell you they would of doubled his price and financed it with a third down. And they'd smile, shake your hand and tell how lucky you are that nobody got it before you. People charge what they want and buyers pay what they're willing to. Simple as that. I've seem your price for coroplast and honestly are you any better than this guy? Remember I know what your signs cost to make just like you know what his cutter cost.

• Like 1

Some people ( aka Craigslist cops ) need to pull their head out to where the sun shines . You cannot compare wholesale/cheapest/best place to buy ( USCutter ) to what everybody considers . IF the buyer takes the time/effort to search for a better deal , they will find one . If not , buying that might be satisfactory to them . Being a " Big Brother " is a hobby of some . I feel more than disdain for people like that , I feel pity as they don't seem to have a life of their own .. they try to run other's lives . Free enterprise is great . I see ads on Craigslist all the time where I think the seller is just inflating their ego because not much if any hope of selling the item . I belive in living and let live . The government enslaves us enough imo .

• Like 2

Omg, this is still going on..

Hey CJ , your comment is funny !!! Like anybody here has better things to do ?? " discussions " like this is good as it lets all of us ponder each other's perspectives . I constantly adjust my perspectives about everything in life after new considerations . But ... some things become even more engraved after considering other's perspectives :lol: 

• Like 2

Hey CJ , your comment is funny !!! Like anybody here has better things to do ?? " 

It's not like any of us have jobs or better things to do.

• Like 1

I just got swamped with a order yesterday I have Plenty to do ..and not a lot of motivation to do it .. I was up all last night with my sick daughter .. and now she's not going to school today.. 

I seem to remember having this same discussion with someone a few months ago but in reverse. They were trying to sell their business and complaining everybody thought the price was too high :ph34r:

• Like 1

Sadly that was the best post that person has ever made....then the disappointment I had that it wasnt going to happen after all. Just happy this forum has an ignore list

• Like 1

The attempted sale of an MH machine for $650 is a rip-off.

Plain and simple.

There is no other way to look at it.

I counted around a dozen separate people on this post and nobody agreed that this guy did anything wrong or thought flagging was appropriate. For all who read this and think that the CL ad should of been flagged click like on this post. For the people who say leave the poor guy alone click like on my next post. Think of it as an informal survey of our peers.

Click like on this post if you think they should leave the guys CL post up and not bother him.

• Like 8

and the room went silent !!!!

The End

You take a few pennys worth of vinyl and sell it for several dollars. I installed a sign yesterday that was $500.00 if people knew the price of the material in the sign I am sure they would think it was not a fair price. People and companys do it all the time furniture is one example of very large mark ups as much as 300%.

I was thinking the same thing.   Mark up on vinyl is crazy and I think everyone here is ripping people off. 

I mean all you're doing is removing peices of vinyl from a sheet and then selling it for 6-10x what you paid for it. 

I was thinking the same thing.   Mark up on vinyl is crazy and I think everyone here is ripping people off. 

I mean all you're doing is removing peices of vinyl from a sheet and then selling it for 6-10x what you paid for it. 

While I can't agree that selling a used unit for 3 times new price is fair (and someone will get ripped off) does this mean you will wrap a golf cart for $20-30 in labor? so with a solid color you will do them real cheap?

Point is when selling a decal there is the cost of machine, material, computer, art, work put in to make art usable unless you buy or hack everything, so what is a fair  mark up?  You are right that vinyl is cheap - but it is nonly a small part of the entire picture.

This last week had to replace the motherboard on my printer computer (luckily had another identical computer on stand by so swapped drives and kept truckin)  - 2 nights ago main drive on design computer starts a fast nose dive, insert cloned drive from May and back up within the hour with some loss but not bad.  now to replaced the 2 failed parts - that gets added into the cost of the business.   when I just replaced cap tops, wipers, small cover in printer - it is all part of doing buisiness and added into the cost of doing business.  if I just charged for the vinyl used I would be out of business already .. . . at some time you will need to replace parts, computer, cutter, blades, etc - is that factored into your price (it doesn;t have to be an extravigant amount just enough to cover the cost going forward).  I think I keep it fair and don't charge like the guy in the cl ad - but when I see those I just ignore them as it says a lot about their integrity. fair pricing to you and your customers is important - unless you are just doing it as a hobby and spending your own cash to give them all away.  don't scalp your customers, but your business must be sustainable over time.  to many people spend $800 on cutter and supplies and thing the next $800 they make is pure profit to go in thier pocket and not replace the money they took out to buy the stuff.  I have $2 decals up to over $100 but it is all calcualated for best price for customer and sustainablity for my business.  sucks.gif

• Like 1

"I'm not a crook" and if you think that is all that's involved you may want to think about design time and overhead like Dakota mentioned besides stop hijacking this is about CL ad. No vinyl involved but I'd bet he'd sell ya 10yd. of 651 for $100.

Calm down guys.  

I was joking.....  Sorry I forgot the LOL.

I support a free market.   Sell for whatever price you want.

The customer will determine whether you stay in business. 

I was just busting on you man. I don't take anything seriously but with this business I'm going on 6 years so I'm very comfortable with how I price my product.

Calm down guys.  

I was joking.....  Sorry I forgot the LOL.

I support a free market.   Sell for whatever price you want.

The customer will determine whether you stay in business. 

I understood what you said as you meant it the 1rst time i read it . Free enterprise has few rules . If you please the buyer , the sideliners/back seat drivers don't matter . The biggest rule is what you said in the last sentence :thumbsup:

• Like 1