Sign in to follow this  
knockonwood

Vinyl Cutter Upgrade From a MH 14 inch to a (?)

He guys I am going to upgrade to a new vinyl cutter. My MH machine messes up 65% of the time and I waste vinyl that way. I am using a Mac laptop computer. I think I would have about $500 to spend. What would you guys recommend that is 100% reliable that I don't have to babysit. Do you think I could I send my machine to US cutter and get a little bit of a discount.

I have a Laserpoint 2 that list for $399. It's a good machine but if you want 100% reliable Graphtec, Roland or similar. All of which are outside of your current budget. The SC has good reviews on here and I have done some intricate work on the Laserpoint 2

He guys I am going to upgrade to a new vinyl cutter. My MH machine messes up 65% of the time and I waste vinyl that way. I am using a Mac laptop computer. I think I would have about $500 to spend. What would you guys recommend that is 100% reliable that I don't have to babysit. Do you think I could I send my machine to US cutter and get a little bit of a discount.

You were told clear back in February, 2013, that this cutter is not Mac compatible.. and your still using it on a Mac? 

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39421-hi-i-am-a-first-time-user-and-i-need-help/

From USCUTTER website:

USCutter MH Series Vinyl Cutter w/ Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Design & Cut Software

The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

• Like 1

In what way is it "messing up" 65% of the time?

Well if I do not watch it it has its own mind and messes up a letter or something like that I was probably just sugarcoating it more like 25% or 30% of the time. Like today I was making cursive one letter initial for a tumbler cup. I was doing four different kinds of cups but one initial on each cup I was cutting white vinyl and all the letters were missed placed and running into each other (not spaced out like it's supposed to be) I tried it again the same thing, I tried repositioning them and the same thing, I tried making a brand-new sheet and the same thing. I finally just gave up and told the person I could not do that sorry for the inconvenience. It drives me nuts plus I need a machine that cuts more than just 10 inches anyway. I think I would save me vinyl because I have to cut the oracal 631 rolls from 15 inches to 12 or 13 inches that's another big loss of vinyl. It would save me a bunch of time and money.

I am very good with computers but this machine drive me nuts

I have a Laserpoint 2 that list for $399. It's a good machine but if you want 100% reliable Graphtec, Roland or similar. All of which are outside of your current budget. The SC has good reviews on here and I have done some intricate work on the Laserpoint 2

I have been thinking about the laser pointer 2 for the past couple of months it looks like a good machine for the price it looks like it's pretty close to the roland machines I like that you can cut more than 10 inches it would work much better for the T-shirts I am starting to make

I wouldn't go that far but it leaps and bounds above what you're dealig with now. The only way to get Roland or Graphtec quality is with Roland. The LP2 will make you the money to make the big step later if you choose. No matter what you buy I recommend a 24" capacity, 30" if you have the room and the budget.

You were told clear back in February, 2013, that this cutter is not Mac compatible.. and your still using it on a Mac? 

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39421-hi-i-am-a-first-time-user-and-i-need-help/

From USCUTTER website:

USCutter MH Series Vinyl Cutter w/ Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Design & Cut Software

The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

I could not afford a newer machine at the time is the laser pointer 2 compatible with Mac computers I am still starting a part-time business. I wish I had somebody to teach me all of the ins and outs about the vinyl cutters but I don't so I half to learn as I go. 

I'd call to be sure but it doesn't no to mac in the description

I'd call to be sure but it doesn't no to mac in the description

It's in the specs

OS Compatibility Windows, Mac OSX

I missed it. Hopefully this will get em straightened out.