Sign in to follow this  
bngaard

Only cutting certain shapes

Hi, 

Not sure of its equipment, softeare or vinyl questions, so here goes..

I'm using a FOISON C24 vinyl cutter with 45-degree blade. 

Im trying to cut textile-vinyl, and using white Siser P.S. Film.

The print I'm trying to do is 2 triangles and 2 circles.

The problem :

When i cut the vinyl, the circles are cut right through the vinyl and the backing, but the triangles are cut perfectly.. i've been trying to adjust the blade-exposure(?) but its not helping. I only have access to 45 and 60 degree blades.

Any ideas of what could be wrong and how i can change it. Please keep in mind that this is my first time cutting vinyl :)

Kind regards

Christoffer

set your blade like this:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Hi, thanks for the reply.. i figured it would be something like that, but I dont know where to adjust the pressure of the cutter. The instruction-manual i got from Foison is pretty much non-existent so i dont know where to adjust this, but i will give it a try

Thank you for your time :)

That's weird that it cuts some ok but not all. Are you sure it's not going over the circles more than once? You are cutting on Siser which is heat press vinyl and has a fairly heavy plastic carrier that can usually take a decent amount of over-pressure without a problem. I would give the advice to watch a test cut (after adjusting the blade length and hopefully finding the pressure adjustment as suggested by previously) and see if it's making more than one pass on the circles.

Nothing like wasting spendy SIser products :( You might try experimenting with cheaper stuff until you get it figured out.