bikemike

Oh ya.......

So, I ordered one of them china blade holders and 5 60* blades. thought they where crap.

Got bored the other day and set it up.

I know, they ain't clean cuts, but not bad. Must be the graghtec.

Easy to weed for vinyl I do not like at all. (mactac)

post-19693-0-67009500-1381536971_thumb.j

I am sure the clean cut blades cut better for longer , but being harder , they are more brittle . I bought up a hundred or 2 regular blades on e-bay a couple years ago for around $1 a set . . I would buy some clean cut blades if I ever found them cheap , but at around $15 each , no . BannerJohn , the administrator has posted he has always used the regular blades and has been satisfied , so that alone is good enough for me . Only the reflective vinyl takes a toll on blades , the regular vinyl is so soft , it doesn't wear the blades much at all .

Rodger is right, once you get a regular blade set up correctly, they last really really long. I blew through two blades in a month on my old copam when I was just starting and didnt have my blade set correctly. Once I fixed that the blade lasted about a year and a half, its still fine too, I just dont run the copam anymore. 

When I use cheap blades I get about 2 month out of them. Cleancut is closer to a year. Difference isn't life expectency vs. cost it's more about he quality of my fine detail for me and Cleancut wins out there. I cut a fairly large amount of vinyl and have not found any blade that does detail as clean and crisp as the cleancut.

I would like a copy of that file also if you would care to share it.