Stevem9

easy way to change thickness of part of a file

been trying to figure out how to change the thickness of the red oval, I have it all ready to cut other than that. is there an easy way to do this??

thanks in advance!

steve

post-21407-0-12620700-1381528919_thumb.p

Never used scalp but I would make a new oval with a thicker stroke, and delete the old one. Just make sure the oval and the text are ungrouped, broked apart or

unwelded before you delete the original oval.

You would have to seperate the oval and " outline " it . Then put it back together . Node editing could do that , but not suited for this job .. on some jobs that is a nice tool . At any rate , watch the videos that Sign Craft has . If you are using SCALPro , watch the entire set ( several times ) . There is a section that explains outliining . It is explained so easy , even a caveman or Bear can understand it :lol:   :angel:  :bear: 

What? Not sure what you mean Rodger? :blink::wacko::huh::bear:

(and I gave up on scalp quite a while ago...)

• Like 1

What? Not sure what you mean Rodger? :blink::wacko::huh::bear:

(and I gave up on scalp quite a while ago...)

Hey Bear , I have not been cutting much vinyl lately , but have not been using SCALPro . I am disappointed in the lack of response from Edge Craft ( 2 e-mails ) plus I got a copy of LXi Master and have played around with it some . I have not cut anything yet with it . I am going to have to send it to SB or SCALPro .. or dig up the Flexi Starter I have for cutting . I hope you enjoyed my little bit of humor .... I did :)

I always enjoy your humor Rodger >:D:bear:

I could be wrong here but I thought LXi was a re-branded Flexi? Maybe I'm thinking of some other program? Maybe I'm just not thinking? :lol::blink::wacko::bear:

I always enjoy your humor Rodger >:D:bear:

I could be wrong here but I thought LXi was a re-branded Flexi? Maybe I'm thinking of some other program? Maybe I'm just not thinking? :lol::blink::wacko::bear:

Bear - you are absolutely correct lxi is rebranded flexi and comes in about 4 flavors from apprentice that is like flexistarter to master plus which is like flexi pro without the rip feature for wide format printing but all the other good stuff for designing.

Nice to know (that I was right :lol:  )

Now if it was only priced like SB, I could afford to give it a try... :wacko::bear:

keep watch -d eals show up on ebay and cl . . . .. new master plus can be had for 500.

It is rebranded Flexi . It is SW's house software . It only supports cutters sold by SW . That is why I will need to send it to a cutting software . It is VERY impressive . I use the outline feature alot and it's outling is even better than SB .. which surprises me to admit that :) . I got my copy from a guy who owed me a bunch of money , so I did not spend a penny . With the amount of vinyl i cut , I could not justfy it's cost . SB does everything I want . I still have not given up on the evolved SB software being released . From the bits I have been told by the developers , I conclude getting a US distributor ( and agreeing on a price per copy ) is what the major hold up was . I crossed my fingers and eyes sometimes hoping for thr release :lol: .

It would be nice to have a new SB but I'll have to wait. Financials are not good at the moment. And considering the price of most software, I would never be able to buy it anyway. Not for quite some time anyway... Of course if I had a brain, the cutter would be paying for itself... Ah-well... Such is life... :blink::bear:

Bear keep watch of c/l and ebay for deals they do come up - even on the older ones the master plus is a great program.  I just checked ver 10.5 and the creation p-cut is supported on at least this version.  along with graphtec, roland , gcc, anagraph, allen datagraph, mimaki, mutoh, creation kingcut, ioline, redasil, summa, and vinyl express