dee10w

comments invited on the Graphtec FC4100-130

hi all just a quickie question,

thinking about getting a graptec fc4100, what are peoples views on this machine please,

Basically we have a Mimaki jv33 and would like to pair the two so we can contour cut or images,

is this feesable with this cutter and is it a pain to set up to contour cut with?

and any problems you may have heard about with these would be appreciated

Thanks again Dee

I owned one once and didn't even know it could contour cut - as far as accuracy I would say it was the most accurate cutting plotter I have ever had . . .  and the heaviest 

I owned one once and didn't even know it could contour cut - as far as accuracy I would say it was the most accurate cutting plotter I have ever had . . .  and the heaviest 

Its refers in the user manual on line about cutting pre-printed images and regastration marks and axis alignment so i thought it has a contour cutting feature?  Maybe im incorrect, so you say you never saw a function for contour cutting on the 4100? Dont wanna travel 5hrs to find its no good for contours.

I am pretty sure it doesn't have the ARMS system for reading registration marks for contour cutting. I believe the first Graphtecs to have the ARMS were the FC7000 models.  To contour cut with the machine you would need to use Flexi software.