garfi3ld

Pathing not coming up at all

My setup used to work and I recently went to create a vector to cut out a sticker and when I click trace to path or stroke to path in Inkscape now nothing at all opens up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but haven't had any luck at all. I was hoping someone may have seen this issue before and might have a suggestion or two. 

I know this may sound silly, but is the bitmap selected before your try to use the trace bitmap function. I have also had problems with a few bitmaps in the past not

tracing, my solution was to open it in Photoshop, or Gimp and turn it solid black with a white background.

I've tried both. The issue is normally when I select one of those options a popup with come up and now nothing I do will get that to pop up. I do make sure that the object is selected as well. It works on other PCs around my office, just not on the PC that I need it to work on.

I thought maybe it was related to me uninstalling signcut, but even after reinstalling it I have this problem. 

The stroke to path doesn't open a popup, it just converts the stroke you have selected into a path. The trace bitmap should open a window though. Have you tried reinstalling inkscape?