Sign in to follow this  
Nurse Lisa

Does the cutter read the design and cut it out by itself?

Ok, I'm sooooo very new at this and have been researching for 2 weeks on what to buy. I've talked myself into one item only to research it and talk myself into another. Eeeks. So here is my question. When i print on my vinyl and then put it in the cutter, does the cutter automatically know the outline to cut or do I have to manually input the coordinates so to speak. Sorry for the rambling sentence, I'm not a English major. I'm really just looking to start a hobby and if I sell a few things on the side then that's fine too. I bought a cricut and that stinks. I got it after the lawsuit so I can't adapt it to cut anything I want. But the blogs didn't tell me that. Dang! So I really only wanna spend a couple grand on my new "hobby" and I was thinking the GCC 24 expert. But I also want something that knows what to cut if that's an option. Any help would be appreciated.

Lisa

what are you using to pring on the vinyl with?    the gcc expert24 lx has contour cut   not sure if this one is a manual contour like the lp or not but I think you have to go up to a graphtec orr roland to get the auto registration mark sensors

Well I'm looking at printers too. I would like to get the Ricoh for sublimation and an Epson for the vinyl. I have read they are not as great as others, but again it's really just for me and my friends and family and stuff. But I also don't want it to look crappy so I'd like to get decent stuff. Ya know.

Now Dakota grafx, I new you were gonna say Roland! Lol. I've been reading these threads for a week and I know that's your personal favorite. And believe me, I'd love love love one. But not feasible. So, with that being said, what would a second choice be? Indoor use, if I did use it outdoors i realize I would have to laminate and still it's not great. Would the Epson be ok for that? I was looking at the 4530 thru cobra ink with the CIS installed.