Sign in to follow this  
joker

setup

So I have been working this week on getting some things ready for my first craft show. This is a picture of how i will be displaying alot of things..

post-35399-0-91312900-1381280671_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks great and hope you have a great show!  I wish my day job would allow me time to do something like this but not yet.

On another note, I'm not trying to complain or whine about any of your work but asking everyone reading this, when you do a show will you take decals/logos of any copyrighted things and sell just like the next guy is on the next isle over???   Once again, I'm not complaining about any of your work for anyone reading this but just curious?  I'm pretty new to doing any vinyl besides for a company that I work for and just want to start doing more on my own but the copyright thing makes me wonder all the time when someone asks my for something like that. 

Also where have you found the best place to get the grid wall display racks like that?  Local or online???

SeeJay those cups are the acrylic drinking cups. drdgraphix my wife had found that grid on craigslist about a year ago. We could not find a local place to purchase it. I think my wife had looked online for it at one point and the shipping cost was way to high. This is my first show so i will only be carrying a few pre cut decals and they will be images of the breast cancer ribbon for cancer awareness. 

• Like 1

SeeJay those cups are the acrylic drinking cups. drdgraphix my wife had found that grid on craigslist about a year ago. We could not find a local place to purchase it. I think my wife had looked online for it at one point and the shipping cost was way to high. This is my first show so i will only be carrying a few pre cut decals and they will be images of the breast cancer ribbon for cancer awareness. 

If your sale is before Halloween, put up a sign reminding people that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I donate a percentage of all of my breast cancer designs to the local Susan G. Komen Foundation for breast cancer research and I put that on my sign and it helps with sales...

Having a variety of shades of pinks helps, too...

post-24492-0-35333900-1381342113_thumb.p

OwJones I will be doing some single decals dealing with Breast Cancer awareness and i will be donating 10% of those sales to the same Foundation. Thanks for the heads up man

Think about getting some inexpensive fabric for the back of your wall grid.  It will make your items pop more.  It will also not allow people to see through to the next vendor over.  If your show is outside, it will help block the wind from sending your items off the shelf.  Think about a give-a-way drawing or a raffle of some sort.  Free stuff gets people up to your table and allows you to talk to them.  

Think about getting some inexpensive fabric for the back of your wall grid.  It will make your items pop more.  It will also not allow people to see through to the next vendor over.  If your show is outside, it will help block the wind from sending your items off the shelf.  Think about a give-a-way drawing or a raffle of some sort.  Free stuff gets people up to your table and allows you to talk to them.  

If you are setup outside and it gets windy, gallon jugs of drinking or distilled water make great, cheap anchor weights for tying down your display and keeping it from blowing over. A gallon of water weighs over 8 lbs and costs $0.88 at my local grocery store - the jugs also have those convenient handle holes to attach your tie downs to. Or, if you're rich, you can buy a set of padded sandbags for $40+ per set of 4 from Walmart or other camping supply store.

Attaching solid fabric to a large upright surface will create a sail effect - look for something with a loose weave or perforations that will allow air to pass through. I put up a canopy this week and it was breezy, but fine until I attached a 96"x24" banner and then I needed the jugs of water to hold it down...

• Like 1

Wel the damn show got cancelled due to some ignorant ass people. So I will be going with the wife to hers to set some things up.

Okay after the show i was suppose to do was cancelled my wife said go with me to mine and i will talk to the coordinator. My wife explained to the situation and then she said she would not charge me to set up. So i set up next to my wife. This was my wifes 5 yr doing this show. Unfortunately is was not busy at all and only sold 40 dollars worth. Just glad i did not have to pay to set up. My wife said she will not be going back next year.

Here's one for your collection "A risk never taken is a reward never received" In english you don't know if you don't try.

Jesse i have a facebook page. That is some great advise right there Jay.. Will be doin another one on the 27th of this month. I think i will try and do more to see what happens

You have never truly lost until you give up.

Damn I'm rolling in this fortune cookie crap tonight lol. Maybe I should make inspirational tiles or something.