karkess

two color letter

I just got my cutter today and I've cut a few things and all seems ok.  Now I'm trying to do a window decal for my car but here is what I'm trying to figure out...

If I type the letter "K" and want to make the vertical line of the letter a different color from the rest of the letter how do you do that?  I've been messing with the nodes to try and separate the vertical from the rest to make the "K" two different parts but I'm lost. 

Thanks

Are you doing this only for the letter K?

Just cut one K in one color, and another in another color, and use an xacto knife to separate the sections.

• Like 1

Are you talking about changing the colors on the vinyl side of this or changing the colors while your using design software?

Are you doing this only for the letter K?

Just cut one K in one color, and another in another color, and use an xacto knife to separate the sections.

Yes.  It's only the letter K.  I thought maybe there was a way to do it with registration marks instead of cutting it with a knife, although that would be my next choice.

Are you talking about changing the colors on the vinyl side of this or changing the colors while your using design software?

I want to have it come out in vinyl as a different color.  Maybe this would make more sense if I posted a pic.

KOUP_zps7af23e99.jpg

This is a photoshop render of what I am looking for.

The best I can come up with due to lack of knowledge on scalp is to make 2 identical "k"'s and node edit 1 to be the first color and node edit the second 1 to be the other color instead of trying to split 1 letter in 2.

I would just cut two of them out in the colors you want, lay them on top of each other and cut off with an xacto knife or whatever you use the part you want to change the color. Laying them exactly on top of each other ensures that you cut them exactly the same. And then either eye ball or measure it out and stick it on. Shouldn't be to hard, it's only a K not much to screw up on.

Good luck! Post a pic when your done!

You could also do this in the design software as well. If you just make a rectangle the same exact size of the stem of the K. Just cut that rectangle in red and lay it right over the top of it.

Thanks for all the input.  I'll try the do it yourself "K" dissecting way and I'll post some pics when I finish.

LPWash that's a great video you found demonstrating the steps! That's exactly how I do it. To the OP, just follow the steps in the vid and you should be set!

LP... LOVE THE VIDEO ON THE SPLIT LETTER FOR SURE CUTS ALOT.... I HAVE THE SURE CUTS ALOT VERSION 2.. DO YOU KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK WITH THIS VERSION :huh:   THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

go to youtube.com     I found it under this    put in search bar:     split letter  video Sure cuts alot