Trixxterr

Only cutting outline of a design? Help me please.

Ok, I am new to this. I got this for my mother. I sent her a few things to cut out. But for some reason it will only cut the outline of the design. I'm not sure of the issue, as I am not there to physically look at the machine or programing.  Here are the to files I sent her to cut, any Ideas what the problem is??

Found these online, and wanted to make a few for my daughters school. As it is our mascot, and my hometown. 

post-70160-0-70028500-1381245834_thumb.p

post-70160-0-11795200-1381245869_thumb.p

Those are raster images. You'll need to convert them to a vector in order for the cutter to cut it correctly. There are several programs that can do this, Inkscape is a pretty good free one.

In scalp choose trace and select the image and it will set up a cutable image. You may need to do some node editing after. but thats how you can take an image like that and make it cutable in scalp

Wow, thanks mb20. I wasn't expect anyone to do that. But I am truly grateful. I haven't been on the forums one day and I already see, there are those that will go out of their way to help someone in need. 

I thank you all for all of your replies, and help. 

• Like 2

Ok, this is strange. Sent the file. And it worked, it started cutting. But it seems like halfway through, it flipped the bottom half of the design. Any ideas as to what caused this?

post-70160-0-75337400-1381260982_thumb.j

Wow, thanks mb20. I wasn't expect anyone to do that. But I am truly grateful. I haven't been on the forums one day and I already see, there are those that will go out of their way to help someone in need. 

I thank you all for all of your replies, and help. 

we are all here to help each other.. he just got to it before anyone else.. hehe

Ok, this is strange. Sent the file. And it worked, it started cutting. But it seems like halfway through, it flipped the bottom half of the design. Any ideas as to what caused this?

I have NEVER seen that happen..

:(

I opened the eps file with inkscape and noticed several "bad" nodes. Not sure if that is a problem with the eps file, or a problem with inkscapes conversion but there were several loops that should not of been there. Don't think that would of caused the problem you had but it's worth double checking.