sillyhope

Help GCC Ultra 61

HI Everyone. I need your help desperately and dont know where else to turn except to the forums. 7 months ago I bought a used GCC Ultra 61 off ebay. I really wanted to buy a new machine but my wife just would not support me in this. Anyways I bought a used machine and got it home by courier.

Its a beautiful machine with very little wear marking on it and was used by a small business to make things when they needed them. It was not used in a print shop or anything like that.

Well got it home, set it all up and realized I needed a computer with a large serial conections so back to ebay to buy an old dell with windows xp and the correct serial connection on it.

Downloaded some free graphics and programs from the internet and gave it a try. Nothing

Realized I did not have a driver for it so the search began. I downloaded lots of drivers and lots of garbage and until I found 1 that I think is right. My computer friend says the driver is not right though as it does not have the right file name or something like that.

Anyways, here is what happens.  I turn it on, run a test cut and it works perfect. but if I try to cut anything from any program like inkscape or Corel it dont seem to go to the cutter properly. The motor on the cutter just starts to hum but nothing moves.

I know I am not being very informative here, but does anyone have the correct driver for this machine. I have even wrote GCC 3 times now and had no response from them at all, but they have no problem sending me junk mail every couple weeks now. I tried the automated support system they have, but it says the serial number of my machine is wrong or not recognized.

Can anyone help me get this working. I know I am a newbie and it always seems us newbies are crying for help but after 7 months of trying I cant do this on my own. My wife is now trying to sell my machine and I just want to make it work so I can try to make a little pocket money.

Please help.

Inkscape and Corel are not cutting programs, They are design programs.  You can only use those with a plugin to a cutting software.. You need a cutting software. 

What are you using for a cutting software?

EDIT:   I see Slice gave you Signblazer above. 

Maybe that is my problem, I have been trying to cut from Corel graphics x5. I installed signblazer from slice but see no driver support for my machine, so I dont know if it will work yet. The lady I bought the machine from gave me 2 copys of EasySign but told me in advance that she had lost the dongle. I did not realize that the dongle unlocks the software so it is really useless to me.

I will try this signblazer and see if that works with the driver I have installed already.

I appreciate the help so much.

You could possibly try a free 1 week trial to Signcut.   You will have to purchase after that.   

http://www.signcutpro.com/

Flexistarter10 would be another option to purchase on EBAY, can be had for under $130 and you  own it.  Get the dongle version.

Thank you, downloading now and will give it a try. Would love flexi but no way the wife is going to let me invest a dime unless I get it working first. If I can just cut 1 thing, then maybe I stand a chance of keeping it. I so regret no paying the extra 1oo dollars and getting a new machine with software. Was such a stupid move on my part.

I'm using the UK version of SignBlazer with all sorts of extra machines listed --

Here's the link to that;

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

(It also has a "patch" to remove the nag screens at start-up, but you'll have to disable your anti-virus in order to allow it to install)