LPWash

I'm done with SCAL Need advice on new program.

I'm so done with SCAL.  I can't deal with the freeze ups, being slow with lack of memory and just giving me frustration heartburn.  It's time to upgrade.  What is a good suggestion?  A link to purchase would be great.   I am currently running an SC cutter and doing mostly t-shirts and cutting 631/651 for custom tiles, with a few banners and coroplast signs. 

for just a cutting program get flexistarter off ebay for around 130.    corel draw is a good design software . . . . 

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

I have been running a full-service custom sign store with just SBE for over two years, connected by serial port to SC34" cutter.

A cool feature is the ability to have multiple SignBlazer apps all open at the same time, each with a different project.

That being said, it's not truly an "upgrade" since the program is abandonware (and thus, free).

Flexistarter would for sure be an "upgrade" if you want to spend $$$.

Takes money to make money. It gets annoying with older programs when you're constantly having to down save files people send you just to open them. That is the main reason I stepped up to Corel X3 and will probably upgrade to X6 in the next year. DIgnblazer is a fine program for vector design but it is definitely dated.

I have really like SignBlazer , but it is VERY dated and has problems . Amazing it does as great as it does given the time with no suppport ( 5 1/2 years ?? ) . I recently got a legit copy of LXi master and love it . I have not used it enough to send to cut yet ( I have Flexi starter , Signblazer and SCALPro to cut with ) , but it is amazing . Faitly cheap deals on e-bay for it . If you have passed the point of where you know you are going to stay in vinyl cutting , a worthwhile purchase . All the other couple/few hundred dollar softwares are junk compared to even SB imo .

I like FlexiStarter 10 (got it on ebay new for under $40) but it dont seem to like the SC cutter for larger and more detailed jobs.

I have flexi starter 10, sure cuts a lot 3, sure cuts a lot pro(ha ha ) and sign blazer and i usaly go to sign blazer for most every thing there are files i cant open but not many. I just prefer it even tho it is dated. If someone would buy the rights to signblazer and develop it a little more it would be as good as any sign software in my opinion.

• Like 2

Are you trying to design in it too? A cost effective way to go might be to use Inkscape for design and then get a subscription to SignCut Pro. I have had great luck with signcut and they have an active tech line if you are having any kind of problems. I think you can get a two week free trial. Lifetime purchase dongle is a few hundred but by the month is easier on the immediate pocketbook. You just can't do much design in the program, its for cutting. You would need something like inkscape, Illustrator or Corel to design with.