jimcr

oracal 651 conform 4075

This last Friday I went to install a graphic on the side of a boat , and I was having a terrible time getting the vinyl to release off the carrier sheet .

The weather had very high humidity  and I was using 40% alcohol solution , and had more trouble getting the vinyl to stick.

Is this due to the humidity or a problem with the release liner.

post-4544-0-96955600-1381111575_thumb.jp

post-4544-0-45121800-1381111598_thumb.jp

Could be either but when this happens wet the release liner with a spray bottle of water. This will make the liner easier to release from the graphic.

What was the temperature? Cold temps make it hard too.

I forgot about temp. It's still in the 90's down here. My bad.

I forgot about temp. It's still in the 90's down here. My bad.

Temp was mid to high sixty's. very humid , was in between rain storms.

am I right to guess at using a higher amount of alcohol 60-70%  because of the high humidity ?

I had that issue in an office with the air conditioner turned way up making the window cold (window on an inside door) Even spraying the tape and letting it sit a min, It would not stick to window using 651. Ended up recutting and doing dry install.

When I switched to the other side of the boat I did a dry install in pieces, made it a pain because the top of the fish rolled slightly on a rib due to the setback and trapped air . I hate dry installs . Would have an commercial application fluid made any difference? instead of  the alcohol and water.

When I switched to the other side of the boat I did a dry install in pieces, made it a pain because the top of the fish rolled slightly on a rib due to the setback and trapped air . I hate dry installs . Would have an commercial application fluid made any difference? instead of  the alcohol and water.

Possibly but sometimes they just don't like to stick wet no matter what you do. The only surefire solution I know of is patience. Peel a little let it dry, peel some more.

• Like 1