Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

anyone familiar with southern MO

I've been kinda looking at rural land in southern MO and wonder what the are is like especially the winter months. Also if anybody on here is familiar I am curious as to how stringent building codes are in place in this region. Way off topic from vinyl but I think it's time I move farther from civilization before I hurt 1 of these idiots around me. If you live in that area do you love it or hate it and why.

• Like 1

Well from my experience of living in Tulsa Oklahoma for 8 years i would not live there. The winter months suck and that area is tornado alley. Just saying you asked so i am giving you some feedback. The land up there is nice.

Looking for honest input since I've never been out that way. Specifically looking at Shannon County area. Just looking now but I'm an impulsive person so neverf know what I might do.

I live in Arkansas, about an hour south of the line. We get cold....(have seen single digits, but 20's is the normal lows and then back to 40's). Occassional snows, but lots of rain followed by freezing temps which absolutely sucks. The lower line of counties and north get the nice winter weather.

I came from upstate NY and don't want to go back to those weather conditions. What you describe is fairly mild and not too bad. Except for the iced up roads.

Shannon County is located to what major town or city. Not familiar with Missouri but i was only 1 hour from Joplin. those areas do get cold and alot of rain