Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

SC series cutting issues

My SC cutter is not cutting completely through for some reason. Hard to tell if it gradually happened over the last few projects of happened instantly. I thought it was just a sample roll of 3M vinyl that was difficult to weed. It is white, but the adhesive side is gray. I was wondering if they sent me a roll of printable vinyl. 

Anyway, back to my issue. Letter will not seperate from the trash. I literally have to pull them apart, and even so bad it will ruin them. I changed blades, changed depth and even put in a 60 degree blade. Nothing had helped. It's doing it on all vinyl; 651, greenstar and 3M. One thing I have noticed is there's no scoring marks on the backing. I have pressure set on 50, but have easily used it 25 in the past with zero issues. Could the carriage pressure be going bad? Is that a card issue or solenoid?

I'm cutting out of SCALP.

Could just be getting broke in. I had to jump the pressure on mine recently to achieve proper cuts but I'd set my blade off the machine like mzskeeter always tell us and the adjust pressure to get proper cut. Remember the # on the display is just a # it only give a representation of actual force being used.

BTW I got a sample of 3M white and hated it. Always seemed like the cut wasn't quite enough.

Could just be getting broke in. I had to jump the pressure on mine recently to achieve proper cuts but I'd set my blade off the machine like mzskeeter always tell us and the adjust pressure to get proper cut. Remember the # on the display is just a # it only give a representation of actual force being used.

That could be it. I haven't ran it up in a while. I cut some reflective and never lowered it. I'll try it at different intervals to see of it gets better. Thanks!

Mine did that when I first got it drove me nuts. Found out the head had jumped track during shipment, only one wheel was in the rail. Good place to start. I also do an overcut. 

Mine cut's like a champ now, every time I hear it run it sounds just like $$$

I ran pressure from 50 to 90. Cuts much better now. I had a little trouble with straight cuts, but was also the afore mentioned 3M crap. Gonna bump it to 100.

I love 3M reflective but not a fan of the regular vinyl they sent out as samples.

This also happens to me from time to time..... here is the weird part.  After jacking with it trying to figure it out, I have given up, gone to bed and figured I would deal with it in the morning.  Next day, (with out touching a thing) cuts like a champ.  WTH?

I do wonder tho, if vinyl temp has any affect on weeding.  Does slightly warmer or cooler make a difference?