DsnyMom03

Newbie: Getting to know my machine

:wub:  Hello everyone. My wonderful husband bought me a MH721-MK2 and I am in the process of getting acquainted with it. I noticed that there is some clear tape covering the felt strip that the blade glides over. Before removing it, I wanted to ensure that I could. I cannot find any mention of it anywhere. :wacko: My cutter was already put together when I got it (not sure how it was originally shipped) so I have no point of reference.

Thank you for your help. I am super excited to get creative with this and so are my kids who were promised custom graphics for their rooms. :D  

Feeling at home here already.

Your Cutter Cousin,

Melissa

Melissa, congratulations & welcome to our little corner of the world.

The cutting strip is actually a white piece of smooth plastic, so yes, remove the protective covering that it's shipped with.

Also, confirm that your blade is in the REAR position hole (the front is for the pen holder).

One last thing ---  while USCUTTER is promoting and providing the SureCuts software, there is another (free) option that you might want to look into:  SignBlazerElements.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Your Cutter Cousin,

Slice

• Like 1

Welcome from Minneapolis, Mn

And i also own (2) MH-721's Cutters... That was my start cutter and still using it.. waiting to save up for a Graphtec i think :)

Melissa, congratulations & welcome to our little corner of the world.

The cutting strip is actually a white piece of smooth plastic, so yes, remove the protective covering that it's shipped with.

Also, confirm that your blade is in the REAR position hole (the front is for the pen holder).

One last thing ---  while USCUTTER is promoting and providing the SureCuts software, there is another (free) option that you might want to look into:  SignBlazerElements.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Your Cutter Cousin,

Slice

Weird.. I didn't even know the front one was for the pen.. See 3 years later I'm still learning something  :)

Hello and welcome from West Virginia. There is plenty of information on here for the taking. Wall art is generally done with oracal 631 or an equivlent brand. Good luck on your new venture.