Monkey

Some signs I did last week

Had an order for 8 of these signs. At first they wanted foam core to be used. I strongly discouraged but they were set on it. I finally got the to switch to corrugated plastic, cause foam core in a steel factory just bothered me. Yeah they would have had to have them replaced and made me more money but I cant do that to people. Now that they sent me a picture of 1 installed, Im really glad I got them to change....its installed outside. Only thing I couldnt change their minds on was size. wanted 23x35. So had to cut 1" off 2 sides. No idea why they were so set on that size but they wouldnt change. But they paid very well for them so they got what they wanted

NoticeSign09-24-2013_zps401f078c.jpg

Pic they sent installed

NoticeSignInstalled_zpsb3f1509b.jpg

• Like 1

Bizarre, considering their measurement of width fails to allow the sign to mount properly onto the building (it doesn't reach across far enough)

That's a pretty flimsy (lighweight) font for important and vital rules.

Is the NOTICE part at the top a reverse?

on the odd size...I had that happen to me once. They were quoting the MINIMUM size required and they thought it couldn't be any bigger. Go figure.

Looks nice and clean exept what are the funny spots in the first picture - some kind of reflection?

Looks nice and clean exept what are the funny spots in the first picture - some kind of reflection?

If you mean down the middle, yeah thats just reflection.

on the odd size...I had that happen to me once. They were quoting the MINIMUM size required and they thought it couldn't be any bigger. Go figure.

yeah The way they were determined on that size I figured they had a frame deal it was going in or on that it had to be that size. But again there was 8 of them so maybe the others were installed on something that specifically needed that size.

As long as they're happy that's all that really matters. Our opinions of size and style are secondary to the man writing the check.

• Like 2

Yup they are and already coming up with more signs they want done the same way.

• Like 1

Looks good except I'm not sure about the center justificaiton.  To me a list is easier to read if it's left justified.  In the end, as you said, the customer was happy with the signs and that's what really matters.

I felt kind of the same but they gave me example of how they wanted it laid out. I give them what they want and they pay well for it. So if they want it upside down, they will get it.

• Like 1

I'll do it DaVinci style if they want. Just have to look in a mirror to read it.

• Like 1

'I'll do it DaVinci style..."

That reminds me of a client I had who wanted his company website affixed onto the front of his dump truck bed (the overhanging part over the cab)

I tried to convince him to put it in mirror-reverse up there. He didn't "get it" ---  ahhhhhh, truck drivers, gotta love 'em.

Guys or Gals sitting in a office saying about this wide will be fine they probably never gave a thought about how it would be mounted. I have had people wanting a small sign then fill it with information and want it mounted 10 feet high where you could not make it out.

Sometimes you have to tell the customer what they really want.... Lol. Nice looking sign. Working in commercial printing as my main job, I know all about the crazy stuff bring in or ask for. We had a guy a few weeks and he wanted business cards but didn't know what he wanted on them. My first question is always what kind of business are you in? "Well I really don't know." I quickly referred him to another designer at the office.

These people know what they want and expect to get what they want, and pay well for it. So if they want the text backwards and upside down....thats what Ill do for them. I always make a proof and send it to them with everything dimensioned (architect days) and they sign off before I start any actual work

• Like 1