Go-C Graphics

I need alittle help and some suggestions

I've had my MH871 for a few weeks now.  I know it's a value cutter. I need to add graphics to golf carts and I didn't have alot of money.  

I've been losing my a$$ in wasted vinyl.  

Here's the problem.  

I started using it with the USB cable on some small stuff with the program it came with (Sure Cuts A LOT PRO).  It gave me some problems like I had to unplug the USB cable after every cut before I could cut again.  

I did the #1 suggestion on here and got a true keyspan, not a knockoff.  This helped with the small stuff I was cutting....

But the BIG problems started when I tried to cut some bigger stuff. It's a VERY SIMPLE flame vector that's 21"x9" and 16"x19".  

With the keyspan it would cut random diagonal lines in the image.  Completely ruining the vinyl.  I tried it many times and each time was in a different spot.   (and Sure Cuts A Lot is activated)

So I called uscutter and he told me NOT to use a keyspan and that they used the USB on all the cutters in tech support.  He also tried to tell me my image was too big.  I was frustrated and hung up. Like I said this image is very simple 

I DID try the USB but I ran into another problem, the cutter wouldn't cut the diagonal lines but now it STOPS at random times.  I wasted more vinyl testing this a few times.

So I've wasted shit loads of expensive cast vinyl and tons of time.  

NOW here's the big kicker.  I borrowed my brother's Flexi 10 pro and guess what?:huh:??:huh: It cut the whole thing without a problem using the keyspan.  I didn't test it by the USB because it was late and I didn't want to waste anymore vinyl.

Can anything help me figure this out?:huh:??

I can't afford to buy flexi for myself.   I'm doing simple images and really just need something that will cut these graphics.

Just so you know I've grounded the stand and cutter extremely well with a redundant ground going to the wall outlet. 

Help!!!

Since it seems to be software related have you tried downloading Signblazer and test cut with that. And I wouldn't keep tearing up vinyl just go to a home improvement store and get a roll of paper from the paint dept. and use the pen tool that came with your cutter.

• Like 1

Flexistarter 10 is great cutting software, and can be had for under $130 on EBAY.  It will also turn your cutter into a contour cutting machine, with it's built in program. 

• Like 1

Since it seems to be software related have you tried downloading Signblazer and test cut with that. And I wouldn't keep tearing up vinyl just go to a home improvement store and get a roll of paper from the paint dept. and use the pen tool that came with your cutter.

Thanks I'll run out and get some tomorrow

Run it using the RedSail 1120c driver from SBE.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

No fuss, no muss.

I'll try that.  Is the MH871 a rebadged redsail?

Flexistarter 10 is great cutting software, and can be had for under $130 on EBAY.  It will also turn your cutter into a contour cutting machine, with it's built in program. 

As soon as I make a few dollars from these jobs I'll buy it.  

What's the difference between Flexistarter and Pro?

Thanks I'll run out and get some tomorrow

I'll try that.  Is the MH871 a rebadged redsail?

As soon as I make a few dollars from these jobs I'll buy it.  

What's the difference between Flexistarter and Pro?

$4220........  Flexistarter10 is basic cutting software and limited design. But it does have contour cutting.   Pro is RIP and full design and cutting software. 

Difference is night and day but you can do basic design in starter and cut from there. Signblazer is free but dated and finally in the get out cheap category you can design in inkscape which is free and cut in flexi starter or singblazer.

Do they have these problems with the USB with the higher end cutters like graphtec or more with the low budget ones?

Do they have these problems with the USB with the higher end cutters like graphtec or more with the low budget ones?

only with the budget cutters - it is like night and day when you go graphtec or roland - now many of us started witht he value cutters to make the money for the more expensive ones but it is sooooo nice to just go hit cut when you want a job and have it weed easily every time.  when I had the pcut or mh it was a crap shoot on if it would even fire up first try when i hadn't used it for a week. - not everyone has that problem but I did and now I can go a 2 weeks without cutting - go to the cutter and get great results every time

• Like 3

I trust mine enough to hit cut on a large job while I'm getting ready to close up fro the night. That way I have a head start when I open the next day.

• Like 1

My SC series was shutting down mid cut. One thing I started doing is make sure the computer doesn't go into sleep mode, and cut the cutter off after every project no matter how small.

This may be a little late but I traced my USB problems to the USB hub. Hubs have a tendency to cycle and that seems to cause bad cuts do to lost information. I have an Us Cutter SC cutter and an Epson T3000 and both were stopping in the middle of longer jobs. I got a key span for the SC and switched to an Ethernet connection for the T3000 but was curious as to why the USB caused so many issues. When testing later, I plugged the USB directly into my computer and not a hub and even though testing was limited, I didn't have any issues.

• Like 1

This may be a little late but I traced my USB problems to the USB hub. Hubs have a tendency to cycle and that seems to cause bad cuts do to list information. I have an SC cutter and an epson t3000 and both were stopping in the middle of longer jobs. I got a key span for the SC and switched to an Ethernet connection for the t3000 but was curious as to why the USB cause so many issues. When testing late I plugged the USB directly into my computer and not a hub and even though test was limited I didn't have any issues.

I'm not using a USE hub.  I'm plugged straight into the computer

I'm not using a USE hub.  I'm plugged straight into the computer

That's interesting.  I'm using a Mac and that solved my USB problems.