jaybyrd

qe 60 error

Took him 6 days to even ship it. Something just doesn;t sit right with this deal and I've been ebayin' for years w/o a problem. If it goes south his username goes up for all to know to avoid him.

Give me a HELL

give me a YA

Take that crook down.

And hell ya, let us know who it is!

arnold1949art

The world is full of wolves and sheep. I know which 1 I am. The meek can inherit the earth after I'm done with it.

If the meek inherit the world, the big trucks will sit idle.

and we will be stuck with nothing but "hello kitty" crap

Did that and Absolute for a few years but I had to stop before it killed me or I killed somebody. I like alcohol just a little more than I should so I stay clear of it for safety's sake.

Been there.

Try that new thing they got. I think it is called beer.

I hear it is good.

Hell, going to go get one now.

lol I just tore into this thing cause I'm so pissed and the power supply was unplugged. Got that working and no display so I pulled the side cover and the ribbon cable is detached from the display. The plot thickens.

He just messaged me and basically told me to piss off so I sent him this  

I pulled the side cover to remove the rattling screws you left in it and saw the disconnected wires for the control panel. On further inspection the power supply was also unplugged so either you never powered up like you said or you altered it after that point. Either was it is no where near as described so I give you the choice before I take it to ebay. Not as described will get me a refund ether form you or them. Doesn't matter who to me but I don't like being hustled with this BS. I want refund and you can either send shipping label or I can toss in the trash doesn't matter to me either way. And sending it in pc.s when you say it powers up is a flat out lie. Check ebay policy and you'll find you can't hide behind as is when you lie in description.

With ebay they don't actually have to make him pay to refund me. Guess it makes for good PR and helps build trust in ebay but this guy is a POS. Sent me a message basically saying it unscrewed it self during shipping and apparently the screws which are not there are magic and can disappear at will. Either way I got the power supply up but the ribbon cable was snatched from the control panel and I don't see an easy fix for that.

With ebay they don't actually have to make him pay to refund me. Guess it makes for good PR and helps build trust in ebay but this guy is a POS. Sent me a message basically saying it unscrewed it self during shipping and apparently the screws which are not there are magic and can disappear at will. Either way I got the power supply up but the ribbon cable was snatched from the control panel and I don't see an easy fix for that.

I hate liars - did you see he bought a redsail last month LOL

Yeah I saw that. He listed that he bought this and it didn't work then when i pissed him off he claimed he paid $1600 for it new so I had to ask which story is true. After that i opened a case with paypal. This a first for me as a buyer and I've been ebaying for a long time without a hustle like this guys trying. Last problem I had was as a seller with a non paying bidder on 1 of my trucks and ebay couldn't contact him either. I swear I'm getting soft with age because right up til my late 20's I sould of got in my car and drove to Ohio to "settle up" with him, now that just seems like too much effort for a POS like this.

Talking to somebody now about an old 41" Ioline in North Carolina. Still in a sign shop but they upgraded to print/cut.

I saw that one also Jay, and thought of picking it up but didn't.  I have no clue what it means.  it might be as simple as a reset because someone moved the carriage by hand while powered up or in motion.  Congrats on the win. 

Oh and thanks for not driving up the price on me. :rolleyes:

Jay, I just found the thread again (didn't subscribe with my first post) sorry to hear that it was different from the description and you're having to deal with such a lowlife.   Good luck with the case.

I also just went back to the auction, the pictures he posted are from 2004 but his description says the carriage moves back to the left and the display shows out of position error.  I'll bet he pulled the covers and pulled the wires out to totally disable it. 

Can the ribbon cable be repaired or was it pulled directly from the circuit board?

I held it together enough to get the status light to flash but the lcd is just squares and if you look in the pictures he had you can't actually see anything in the lcd area. No carriage movement no matter how I held it so I don't know what's up. I can tell you this if he is the original owner like he emailed me and said he beat the holy crap out of this poor thing.

Depending how this turns out with ebay I may hook it up to the computer to see if it works that way. May be a bad display.

I held it together enough to get the status light to flash but the lcd is just squares and if you look in the pictures he had you can't actually see anything in the lcd area. No carriage movement no matter how I held it so I don't know what's up. I can tell you this if he is the original owner like he emailed me and said he beat the holy crap out of this poor thing.

According to his EBAY ad, he never was the original owner..  I made his statement in red.   The date on the pictures mean nothing.  My camera would be a very old date also, If I didn't set it right.  It starts at factory default. 

Here is another item he had up..  dated 2004 picture, that he sold in August. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KWIKSET-MONTARA-SMART-SET-SINGLE-LOCK-HANDSET-/171091994363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d5e0a6fb&nma=true&si=bEQlMnxz8LKbBGDCtzjhXFiZcnE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

ONE VINYL EXPRESS QE 60 CUTTER NOT WORKING COULD BE REPAIRED BUT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT. DOES COME ON AND THE CARRAIGE MOVES TO THE LEFT OF MACHINE AND STOPS. AND LCD SCREEN SHOWS OUT OF POSITION ERROR. THATS IT .

I WAS TOLD IT WORKED GOOD BUT IT DOES NOT. MY LOSS YOUR GAIN. CHECKED WITH SIGN WAREHOUSE AND THIS CUTTER WAS AROUND 1.500.00 NEW SO IF SOMEONE HAS ONE THIS WOULD BE GREAT FOR PARTS DON,T LET IT GET AWAY THERE WAS A LOT OF THEM SOLD BY SIGN WAREHOUSE AND SOMEONE HAS TO NEED A PART SOME OR LATER.

He sent me a message after i demanded refund stating he bought it new for $1600 from Signwarehouse. The BS gets deeper every time his mouth opens.

• Like 1

THIS MACHINE WAS SOLD FOR PARTS OR REPAIR BUT DID POWER UP I CAN,T SEE IT DOING WHAT YOU SAY AND IT WAS ONLY SHIPPED. UNLESS THEY DAMAGE IT IN SHIPPING THIS MACHINE COST ME 1600.00 DOLLARS NEW THATS WHY I WAS SELLING IT FOR PARTS. I DON,T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO0 DO BUT THERE WELL BE NO REFUND THATS WHY I SOLD IT SO CHEAP IF YOU DON,T WORK KNOW HOW TO REPAIR OR FIX ONE OF THESE . YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IT, IT WAS CLEARLY STATETED FOR PARTS AND NOT WORKING. SO WHEN IT LEFT HERE IT WAS ALL TOGETHER ONLY THEM NOT IN THE BOX WAS A POWER CORD SO IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT EBAY YOU CAN IF THEY READ THE AD THEY WELL SEE IT WAS FOR PARTS AND THE POWER WAS ON I EVEN TOOK A PICTURE SHOWING THE BUTTOM LITE ON. SO THAT MY POSITION ON IT. THANK YOU.

- arnold1949art

document, document, document - if power supply not hooked up then it couldn't have powered on - ebay should side with you

I don't forsee a problem getting a refund it just takes time to go through the process with ebay. In the meantime I would make a note of his username and avoid at all costs. Only thing I saw on his feedback was a neutral but it was for basically scamming a guy into paying extra shipping after the auction ended.