jaybyrd

qe 60 error

Alright for all of those that follow ebay you may have seen a VE QE60 listed this week. This is what the seller had to say about it . DOES COME ON AND THE CARRAIGE MOVES TO THE LEFT OF MACHINE AND STOPS. AND LCD SCREEN SHOWS OUT OF POSITION ERROR. Anybody know what this error refers to so I can get a heads up while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I was guessing from the picture it could be as simple as he didn't have the rollers positioned in the right areas - other than that I would clean the sensors for feed and check the ones for sensing the rollers (or turn them off to diagnose)  I almost bid on that one  . . .  last one went for far less than I thought it would (uhem)  (and was brand new) so I didn't roll on this one  :huh:  been a little more conservative on buying them since the prices went way down - unless I was going to use it myself that is.  PS I am not conservative in all areas! :lol:

I saw that one also Jay, and thought of picking it up but didn't.  I have no clue what it means.  it might be as simple as a reset because someone moved the carriage by hand while powered up or in motion.  Congrats on the win. 

I'm gonna try the reset first and work from there but for $95 shipped I can use the stand and the extra blade holder if it turns into a nightmare not to mention tons of spare parts. I was honestly shocked at how low it went but like Scott said the market has gone way down on cutters. Back to 3 cutters again and was just offered a 4th, maybe it's time to go to those 10 step meetings.

• Like 1

Oh and thanks for not driving up the price on me. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thanks. I have the manual downloaded and printed out at the store. The flickering light is what threw me on that but he may have just not mentioned it. DO these machines have a far left and right limit switch like the cheaper machines? Was thinking maybe it's maxing out to the left and the switch is not working.

Actually, my Graphtec, has a 1" steel rod on the left side of the machine.  When the cutter starts up. it measures the material width, and travels to the far left, and that rod goes into the carriage head.  There is a square opening on the left side of the carriage head, and that rod trips a metal plate, and then sends info.    I have all of that stuff turned off.

There is nothing on the right side..

I'm thinking that may be the problem because the way he describe it the head goes left looking for that rod and never stop which would set off the error code because it's still trying to move even though it's all the way over. So there is a switch in the carriage that the rod is supposed to trigger. Hmm, will look into that and try with the sensors shut off to see if that does it. I can't wait for this thing to get to me so I can start messing with it. Now I just need more customers to justify owning 3 cutters.

I believe it is actually looking for a magnet in the pinch roller for that type of problem - would be like the magnet fell out but if you can turn off that auto sheet size it would tell you if that was it

My Cutter is an FC7000...  Those smaller cutters may not have that steel rod like mine.  I just sent an email to someone that I know has the CE 5000-60    If you zoom that EBAY picture up.  I don't see a steel rod on the left frame, like my cutter. 

I'll take a look at mine at the store in the am and see what it looks like but for now it's time for me to crash. Thanks for the ideas so far and hopefully it doesn't end up being a parts machine but even if it does for that price I couldn't pass it up.

I have a QE60+ and it does not have any rod on the left side, or right side, could possibly be a problem with a limit switch or the carrige may be not be tracking correctly.  I have had zero problems with mine and it has never failed to cut the smallest of graphics. hope this one is an easy fix, if not you got an awsome deal on it. 

I have a qe60+ myself which is why I bought this because if nothing else there's a lot of spare parts.

the steel rod is to initiate the blade for the sheet cutoff only, has nothing to do with position. When you start up it goes to there to ensure the cutoff blade is not exposed. Generally when I would see that error on CNC machines had to do with encoder in the servos. But it could be much simpler than that. One never knows without look, see, feel, touching it. 

Hoping they don't drag their feet shipping cause the suspense is killing me. Yeah no rod on the qe but I see where it reads the pinch roller location and I can see where that pc. Could get broken on the carriage and the seller stated he just bought it so maybe shipping damage.

Just an update I finally received tracking #'s today, 6 days after paying for this cutter. I think someone wasn't happy what it sold for cause it took a couple messages to get him to finally send me tracking info. As soon as I get it in my hands I'll update on my findings and if anything suggested fixes it.

Latest update: cutter arrived today and it is NOT as described. No power just a click when you turn it on. Back panel was laying loose in box no screws anywhere. Front covers had 1 out of 3 screws remaining. Lt. side cover is held on with hot melt glue. No power cords or anything just cutter in box, no padding of any kind just rattling around in there. I just emailed and told him either I get partial refund or he can send a shipping label and give a full refund before I dispute with ebay.

Go for the full refund! That just sounds like someone that has done done this before.

When I say partial I mean at least 75% and there are useable parts that'll fit my other machine but yeah this isn't his first rodeo for sure. If it goes to ebay I'll get full refund and probably have to smash and take pictures for them.

I do not think the parts are worth it.

Take that sh1t down, get your money back and let it be known what he does.

can I get a horah?:huh:?

• Like 1

I can already hear the bs about as is but luckily ebay doesn't see it that way when you falsely describe an item. I'm more bummed than anything cause I'm getting ready to set up a weekend deal and wanted the extra cutter for that but it is what it is. Run that sucker through the chipper and send him what's left in a baggy.

Big time BS!

hope you get it fixed without to much BS on your part.