Sign in to follow this  
Fatboy

First big order, and I have a question

Hey everyone so I have a question.

I recieved a order today for 250 decals.

Its easy to weed and its just letters.

My question is how do I go about sending it to the plotter?

Do I put all 250 decals out in one shot or do I break them down in groups of 50 or something?

Sorry if this isnt a good question but its out of curiosity I dont wanna break my new plotter.

INFO

Copam 3050 plotter 35"

The decal is 7" wide and 1.5" tall.

I usually cut 2-3 feet at a time.. so then i can cut them off the plotter and then weed them while I'm cutting more

• Like 2

I do it the same way as SeeJay, just 3-4' at a time, weed at the same time the next batch is cutting. Do yourself a favor and don't try to gang them to tightly. I know its tempting to save vinyl but it makes your job more difficult.

• Like 3

I do it the same way as SeeJay, just 3-4' at a time, weed at the same time the next batch is cutting. Do yourself a favor and don't try to gang them to tightly. I know its tempting to save vinyl but it makes your job more difficult.

I've been doing this a year and a half now and I'm still guilty of doing this...  The time I waste in labor isn't worth the pennies I save in used vinyl...

• Like 2

I too do the same, I also, still being fairly new, use a piece of scrap to run 1 by itself to check things like cut quality, making sure I didn't forget to weld the text if necessary, making sure I didn't forget to turn mirror off in case I cut shirts last time.... etc etc....

Then I break them down in small batches so you can work while your cutter is working

• Like 1

I have a order of stickers i do each summer same guy orders 300+ Stickers

They are 6x1.5 I can fit 12 in a row of my 24 inch roll of vinyl.. I usally Cut 4 Rows at a time

I do about 2000+ Stickers for this guy in a summer.. It's a sport bike club so they want the stickers all on there bikes..

post-16863-0-15731800-1380832269_thumb.j

• Like 4

I passed one of my signs on the side of the road tonight and was wishing I had done them in reflective. Reflective always draws attention.

I passed one of my signs on the side of the road tonight and was wishing I had done them in reflective. Reflective always draws attention.

If i letter another truck i am thinking of going reflective.

The back window of the Pinto is done in reflective and it gets noticed quite a bit.

I just re did my truck's back window tonight.. have not installed yet but ..

here is a over look of what it's going to look like and the red, white blue is all Reflective ..

post-16863-0-47471500-1380857008_thumb.j

• Like 1

all of my constructive criticism :

i dont know about you but the word  " graphix's " doesn't look or sound right at all to me when reading this, lol.. it's making a word that's already plural a plural, just doesnt work lol

i would probably lose the "minneapolis" text in the city silhouette , its kinda pointless and it just clutters the design.

I think it would read better "Screen Printed T-Shirts" instead of "Screen Printing T-Shirts"

also agree with jay, noone outside this industry knows what dye sub is..

What's another word for DyeSub process?

Or, how to describe the end-products from dyesub?  (Full-Color Imprinting ?)

I would say "Computer-Cut Vinyl" instead of Vinyl Graphix's (which looks odd, as others have noted)

I like the graphix w/o the s. I advertise dye-sub kind of generically as photo gift ideas or full color personalization. Computer cut vinyl sound like lettering to me, kind of loses the artsy side of things.

What's another word for DyeSub process?

Or, how to describe the end-products from dyesub?  (Full-Color Imprinting ?)

I use the phrase "Full Color Photo Gifts"

• Like 1

all of my constructive criticism :

i dont know about you but the word  " graphix's " doesn't look or sound right at all to me when reading this, lol.. it's making a word that's already plural a plural, just doesnt work lol

i would probably lose the "minneapolis" text in the city silhouette , its kinda pointless and it just clutters the design.

I think it would read better "Screen Printed T-Shirts" instead of "Screen Printing T-Shirts"

also agree with jay, noone outside this industry knows what dye sub is..

Thanks for all of that.. I did change my design.. :)

And that is why i post it here before i put it on my truck !!!

• Like 4

Thanks for all of that.. I did change my design.. :)

And that is why i post it here before i put it on my truck !!!

I'm liking this forum.   It's a good group of people with alot of helpful ideas

• Like 2