Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingWear

HotMark vs. Thermoflex Plus

I recently started an account with signwarehouse in order to order some blank license plates. 

I noticed they selll Heat App. Vinyl, after seeing the  prices and colors it seems the HotMark is very similar to thermoflex plus.

Has anyone used HotMark for shirts before?

If so how does it stack up?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wrestling Wear

I have used neither, but I have my first order of Thermoflex Plus on the way. I spent many hours searching for a right vinyl, and still ended up going with Thermoflex. The reason is because my first project is printing on 8 wrestling singlets. I don't think I found another film that said it could be used for lycra. If I were you I'd stick with Thermoflex just because you print on lycra, right?

However if you do try something else, and cheaper, let me know how it works out.

Guest fivestar

Never used hotmark but multicut from www.jotopaper.com is indentical to thermoflex plus and it is 20" wide.  That's all I use anymore.

I emailed about MultiCut. They raised their prices...that's what made me go with Thermoflex. And I can get Thermoflex by the yard. And it's easier to purchase.

Too bad MultiCut doesn't have a good sales plan.

Hi Everone Roger from heatpressvinyl here, Lycra is one of those strange materials thats hardly ever used on its own, seems to be woven with other materials for its stretch ability, that being said its very close to nylon and my vinyl should work just fine, but I don't know about thermoflex plus you may have to use the extra for that application however I would be glad to send samples to anyone who wants, my hp-v is at $30.50 and not forseeing a price increase like all the others would make it a excellent choice.

Roger

Roger

You have great product, sir. I just got done comparing your vinyl to Thermoflex Plus, applied to lycra. The only difference I can see is that your product has a gloss to it, and Thermoflex does not. You should be seeing an order from me within the next week or two.

The HP-U does seem a tad bit better than the HP-V in my opinion. I really cant see much of a difference. I have yet to test the flock, glitter, and holographic that you sent.

Got my first order of heat press vinyl from Roger in today. TERRIBLE

Took a week to get here. Cost $10.50 to ship a yard of orange and a yard of blue.

Started cutting some of the blue...it was rolled the wrong way, so I cut on the clear side.

Finally got everything cut out. Pressed the shirt...looked decent, but there's blotches in the vinyl if you look close. Pressed the wrestling singlet. TERRIBLE. Vinyl melted? I will NEVER order this stuff again. I will post pictures later of my screwed up work.

Stormy, Roger from heat press vinyl here, I am sorry if you had problems with the vinyl, the samples you got and applied you had no problems with, so I am kind of puzzled on the problems you now  have,,, I urge you to pick up the phone and call me to discuss the situation you have, I have hundreds of users and this is the first problem with the material that I have heard of, if you want I can call you,, I stand behind my product but if I don't know of the problem I can't correct them. As far as the shipping goes its exactly what UPS charges me and I have no control over the price or how long it takes to get to you , I do ship the same day the orders come in.

My product has been manufactured for over 20 years and some componets are acually manufactured for thermo flex or poli tape. So I guess the end result here is without the chance to correct a problem you have your post seems a little harsh.

Roger