Sign in to follow this  
vinylgraphicsfx

hello!

Hey there

just wanted to introduce my self! im new to the vinyl side of the industry but very familiar with graphic side! ive done tons of research for countless hours before deciding to join the vinyl side of this hobby! looking forward to see what it brings to my knowledge and how I can expand what I do! definitely looking for positive pointers to help this knowledge on top of the tons of research and reading topics on this forum I have done!

Hello and welcome from the west coast.

I think everybody in Florida cuts vinyl based on all the members here. And welcome from South Carolina.

Jay

• Like 2

Hey there.

Many people have decided that using a dedicated cheapie older computer with a serial port, and running WinXP, is the way to go.

Think of it this way ---- these cutters/plotters are operating within a legacy software code environment developed in the last century (HPGL)

• Like 2

Welcome from Idaho. I lived in Jacksonville for a while way back about 1988. Way too hot and humid for my tastes. 

• Like 1

Welcome from Delaware. I run a Graphtec with windows 8. I hate Windows 8 but had to get a new computer so had to get win 8 but will be getting xp or win 7 as soon as I get a chance.

Welcome from Delaware. I run a Graphtec with windows 8. I hate Windows 8 but had to get a new computer so had to get win 8 but will be getting xp or win 7 as soon as I get a chance.

how is it running on windows 8? im highly trained on windows 8 so it being new isn't a factor for me I just wanna know the quality of how rhe machine runs! I can always down grade to a windows 7 but I like windows 8

Vinyl, I am using cutting master with Adobe Cs5 and have not had any problems yet. I design in Illustrator and send it to cutting master but you need to have a graphtec cutter

Bob