Ammastor

Flexi and everyone elses problems

I have seen a load of posts about the Flexi Software and the USCutter Series cutters not cutting correctly.   Stopping half way threw a cut or other problems that people have been having.

I have read and read and read and have found no solutions that have worked.

This is what I have and what it is doing.

USCutter SC Series Cutter

FlexiSign Pro

Using USB for all connections (which people seem to think is the problem)

Updated drivers for flexi for the SC Series

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

The problem is is that it cuts half way threw a cut and stops.   Say 39% every time and locks up.   reset cutter try again and does it again.  restart the computer and it cuts half way threw.

People have stated that setting up the cutter for quality medium cut and 1000kb.    Didn't help at all.

Now keep in mind that I have used Signcut Pro and SignBlazer with outta hitch.   and they still work now.  I try using Flexi and it locks up and I have to start over.  I want to use Flexi as its expensive and I like the way it works.  Seems more streamline and the vectoizing abilities work better for what I do then inkscape the the others I have used.

What solutions have others came up with?

Now I know there are many posts on this subject and not many solutions that I have found.

Others also have talked about static which I have everything grounded anyways.  Not a static issue.

Beginning to completely think that it is Flexi that has the issues as all other program work.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a solution to possible computer settings that would be great as well.   Thinking it may be a computer, Flexi, cutter driver, software problem.   Improper setup that needs some tweaking.   But not to sure on this and dont have a whole load of time to play with it due to the 100 orders aday I get and have to fill with a single cutter.

Thank you hope there is a solution in more depth then what I have read.  I know someone somewhere has had this problem as I have read but I know someone somewhere has fixed this.   Hopeing someone here knows how.

Search for a post by monkey about his sc and flexi. I think he resolved his issues with how the flow control was set and changing port settings.

I checked out that link.  Posted there before.

I re-read his post and checked the device manager and it was set to NONE for the flow control and the program is set to HARDWARE.  I have not been able to retest this because of the kids are sleeping in the same room at the moment so I will have to first thing in the morning.  Have a few hundred decals I need to get cut before Tuesday.   Hopefully it works because I like the look and feel of FlexiSign Pro havnt really been able to use it yet.   Been playing with it and seem easy compared to some  of the others programs out there.   Runs smoother too.  Except for the cutting anyways.

So hopefully this fixes the problem

Thank You

Have you contacted SAI, and have them remote your computer and see if they can find the problem?   Might be worth the try...

No I have not contacted them.   I was going to if I couldn't get this working correctly. Just seen so many posts on here and other forums figured someone has to have the answer.

So if I do not get it working then I will contact them.

Well here is an update.    I am now believing it is a STATIC problem.

I have my stand grounded but that doesnt seem to matter.  I read another post saying that people where having the same issues with static.

I tried cutting after port change and all that and it did the same thing as before.

Then I wiped the cutter down with dryer sheets and I just cut 4 decals without problems.   But it is still kinda weird that SignBlazer and SignCut Pro dont have an issue cutting but Flexi does.  I am wondering if Flexi's communication is a little more sensitive then the other programs.

Find that odd.

Anyone have insight on this?

Just another update on the issue.  Been using the dryer sheets and no problems cutting.   I went a few hours without using them on the cutter and they vinyl and the problem started happening again.   I re-wiped the cutter down and the vinyl and problem went away.

So definitely a static problem.

Just an update.

I used to use Static Guard when I was having static issues. Just spray it on in the morning and good to go.

Mainly the cutter and myself cause I used to get zapped from all the static.