decaladdiction

Cut studio question

Hey guys, I have been using the usc sc plotter for close to 8 months now with no problems. I recently got the Roland GX-24 with cut studio.

I used .png files for my sc plotter because it was easer for me to save the image for what I used it for.

Now with cut studio when uploading the same image as a.jpeg file and use the outline feature it loses A LOT of the quality and on test cuts the design comes out wavy or mis shaped.

What file format works best for you? Do you have any tips that can help clean up the design before it cuts? Any info would be great! Thanks.

.eps files are pretty universal in most cutting software.    Others use adobe illustrator or corel software.  for cleaning up  even Flexi products are used for cleaning up images.    A free inkscape.org program is available for download.

Put your design in wire frame mode and look it over real good before cutting..  You may have to do some node editing.

I have downloaded a trial version of corel draw x6 to see how it works. Just need to mess around a bit more. It wil get some time getting used to this software.