Sign in to follow this  
TVW

MH871 Randomly Does What It Wants

So my MH871 randomly cuts fine, then halfway through a project just goes straight horizontally to the end of the cutter and stops.....any one else seen this or know what to do to fix it?

I've also noticed randomly on this design I cut it will cut fine, now all of a sudden it can't seem to get the bottom of the image straight, it cuts it, but it's offset but only at the bottom of the picture the rest is perfect.

If your on USB connection, put it on a serial card or Keyspan Adapter,  that is the brand name.  It is listed here on this forum, hundreds of times to do that .... Also, Make sure the cutter is grounded to the stand if you have one..  Also those cutters have very limited memory...You don't state how large the image is, so with a lot of nodes, you could be wiping the memory out.

Running USB, I'll try to find the adapter but it's weird that it just now does this.

Ground is fine, very small decals, like 4 inches long.

Running USB, I'll try to find the adapter but it's weird that it just now does this.

Ground is fine, very small decals, like 4 inches long.

Did you scratch a little paint off the cutter and stand to make a good ground connection? 

just to show you..example,  Not any ol' serial cable will work.  UScutter only  recommends  Keyspan and Belkin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

I have a HL721B and was cutting perfect. Now it will cut one word only across the vinyl.  When sent long ways or 2 words it cuts a few letters and decides to take off to the side and scratch around until it stops, any ideas? it is fairly new and have replaced cables and still same outcome

I have a HL721B and was cutting perfect. Now it will cut one word only across the vinyl.  When sent long ways or 2 words it cuts a few letters and decides to take off to the side and scratch around until it stops, any ideas? it is fairly new and have replaced cables and still same outcome

Sounds like my issue, it just goes straight and scratches the vinyl and goes all the way until the end of the cutter?

You did use serial cables?

Ive had someone tell me it could be the main board causing it do do this replacement is $208  not sure if it is the problem they are the same cables from when it was working fine just replaced them to see if they were faulty a dubious usb to 9 pin and the standard printer type cable usb