Glamiskid395

LP 2 problem feeding oracal vinyl?

Hello guys, new to the forum, and vinyl plotters. I have had a pretty trouble free start up aside from a couple hiccups.  Now i finally got some Oracal vinyl, cast fluorescent 6510 and basic colors 631. I got a 24"x10 yard roll, what i am having happen is, the feed rollers wont feed it. When they start to feed 'new' vinyl off the roll, they lock up, yet if i unroll the vinyl its all okay. Is there someway i can fix this or do i have to deal with it being as its a value cutter.

Also, Avery vinyl of the same size roll 24"x10yards feeds just fine, as does schiien holographic from signwarehouse.

Thanks

Mike

Are you talking about the grit rollers?  that are under the pinch rollers?  If so make sure all the set screws are tight in them.

If you are pulling from the roll while cutting, you should not do that.  Always pre feed your vinyl for the amount of your order.

That is correct you cannot pull the vinyl from the roll,.  while cutting, you must pre feed your vinyl and always have slack vinyl. 

It will also mess up your design while cutting.

• Like 1

pre feeding your vinyl also, helps you lining up the vinyl for good tracking.  Pre feed the vinyl back and forth, so you can see it will run straight.

• Like 2

Even Graphtecs and Rolands don't like to pull off the roll. Always prefeed and let it just take up the slack like mzskeeter said.